Why no 2nd HD-DVR?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You know I don't want to sound like a prick, but you people should be happy that your getting 1 HD DVR for FREE.

They already waived the $199 Upgrade charge on the first receiver, I think thats good enough considering the promotion.

The only thing I do dissagree with is that they should have a provision that if a customer wants to lease a 2nd HD DVR they should be able to pay $199 for the 2nd receiver instead of having to buy it for $499.

Claude,

I disagree with you... they did not waive the $199 Upgrade charge (actually a fee on a fee which should not be there in the first place, but that is another story!), they reduced it to $149 with a mail in $50 rebate. The other $100 MAIL IN PROGRAMMING rebate) is a one time programming discount for the first 10 months.

Wilson

Yeah..u can't lease more than 1 new 622 at a time. Its the Dish'n It Up policy...if its so important to you...go buy one.

You want them to give you 2 $500 boxes for free...and u can dump them in 18 months. Sounds like good policy to me.

Would D* give you 2 HD DVR boxes at one time for free?

actually you could get 2 even when they first came out. I did, but I think it has to do with previous circumstances. I had a 921 and 1 942 and got the same deal on both of the new 622's.

Dish clearly makes the determination on a case-by-case basis - my 2nd leased 622 was delivered and installed today after I sent an e-mail to ceo@echostar.com (after seeing this and related threads); I requested an exception to their max-4-tuner policy and received a call within 2 hours of the e-mail approving my request and informing me I was eligible for the $50 savings on the $149 upgrade fee. As a result, I am now running 2 622s and a 942, all leased. :D

FYI the 2nd 622 replaced an owned 211, which I'll put into storage for the time being.

Cheers,
Todd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)