Why no H3 for me?

?
Multiple CSRs and DIRTs tell me I am in a low beam area when they pull up my account.
Dma Seattle?

I don't know what Dma means but I'm in a suburb mainly south and a bit east of Seattle, east of Tacoma.

?
Multiple CSRs and DIRTs tell me I am in a low beam area when they pull up my account.
Dma Seattle?

I don't know what Dma means but I'm in a suburb mainly south and a bit east of Seattle, east of Tacoma.

I was asking if you have Seattle locals, it appears you do.

Do you have international programming?

I was asking if you have Seattle locals, it appears you do.

Do you have international programming?

Yes, Seattle locals. I don't have any International programming. When I test my satellite reception online with the Hopper 2 GUI it shows 110, 119 and 129 all coming in with signal strengths low to mid 50s.

But what about those that are flagged low beam, but only have one dish? I have a 1000.2 and they're not letting me upgrade.

Something that was mentioned also about low beam zip codes.

Some retailers and installers are using a 1000.2 in some of these areas even though they were supposed to install 2 dishes.

It appears Dish isn't budging on these low beam zip codes even though it is possible. They go on to say not all addresses within these zip codes will be ineligible. Saying their system will determine availability for a specific address. They also say the hopper 3 will not be a solution if programming requires 77 or 118.

Looks like the dph42 is gonna be the only solution for these folks and the waiting has already begun.

View attachment 113636

My DMA isn't even on that list. Topeka, KS

Gotta wonder what's going on at dish. Seems many dma's are tagged low beam when they're not. Hopefully it's a computer glitch that can be fixed. Otherwise they're gonna lose out on a lot of upgrades ticking many off in the process.

Gotta wonder what's going on at dish. Seems many dma's are tagged low beam when they're not. Hopefully it's a computer glitch that can be fixed. Otherwise they're gonna lose out on a lot of upgrades ticking many off in the process.
Not to mention how this is going to look for them when it makes to the technology news sources

Reactions: stardust3
I'm not a fan of my local retailers. But may be the only option. Honestly, if this takes longer than a few weeks, I'll just leave Dish. I don't want to. I've been with them for 15+ years, but this is really aggravating. I haven't been this ticked since the whole AMC dispute.

Reactions: voodooevil
It appears Dish isn't budging on these low beam zip codes even though it is possible. They go on to say not all addresses within these zip codes will be ineligible. Saying their system will determine availability for a specific address. They also say the hopper 3 will not be a solution if programming requires 77 or 118.

Looks like the dph42 is gonna be the only solution for these folks and the waiting has already begun.

View attachment 113636
I hope that DPH42 switch comes out real soon!

Reactions: JSheridan
I think there are really two problems - customers who are actually in one of those zip codes, and I'm guessing they may really be out of luck. Then there are customers like me who had some data in the system saying we needed multiple or larger dishes but that isn't actually the case. In my situation I talked to 5 different people at Dish, even retention saying get me a Hopper 3 now or I'll cancel and call DirecTV, and they could not figure out how to fix their system.

Eventually this is what they did:
  • Scheduled a tech visit for a dish relocate (told me they would charge $50 for it) and put notes on the work order to make sure to bring the Hopper 3 (was probably on the truck anyway)
  • Once the tech got here, he looked up at my dish, said that's stupid, and proceeded with my install. From listening to him on the phone what he did was mark the "relocate" work order done and call in a new work order for the upgrade, which went right through.
  • Install completed with no issues
  • Just now I chatted with Dish support and asked them to credit me for the $50 fee and they did immediately. I didn't pay anything for the upgrade.
If you are being told you can't get a Hopper 3 and you already have a 1000.2 (or you're confident one will work based on houses near you) then I wouldn't hesitate to do the same thing.

Aaron

I think there are really two problems - customers who are actually in one of those zip codes, and I'm guessing they may really be out of luck. Then there are customers like me who had some data in the system saying we needed multiple or larger dishes but that isn't actually the case. In my situation I talked to 5 different people at Dish, even retention saying get me a Hopper 3 now or I'll cancel and call DirecTV, and they could not figure out how to fix their system.

• Scheduled a tech visit for a dish relocate (told me they would charge $50 for it) and put notes on the work order to make sure to bring the Hopper 3 (was probably on the truck anyway)
  • Once the tech got here, he looked up at my dish, said that's stupid, and proceeded with my install. From listening to him on the phone what he did was mark the "relocate" work order done and call in a new work order for the upgrade, which went right through.
  • Just now I chatted with Dish support and asked them to credit me for the $50 fee and they did immediately. I didn't pay anything for the upgrade.
If you are being told you can't get a Hopper 3 and you already have a 1000.2 (or you're confident one will work based on houses near you) then I wouldn't hesitate to do the same thing.

Aaron
Finally! Congratulations!

Aaron

My story is very similar, talked to multiple CSRs and DIRTs told it isn't possible, finally a DIRT setup an appointment for a site evaluation, the tech showed up today, determined a Hopper 3 install will work fine at my location (he said I have to call Dish to setup a separate appointment for the Hopper 3 install), I thought everything finally would be done, the CSR I contacted even saw the tech comments saying I'm eligible for a Hopper 3, but they get to the end of getting everything setup for the work order then it won't let them complete it saying I'm ineligible for a Hopper 3, I told the CSR I know, I've been through this multiple times and the tech who just visited cleared me for a Hopper 3 and the CSR said there is nothing they can do, even after going offline to talk to a supervisor, I said so your computer system knows more than a tech who was just at my property and CSR wouldn't budge UNBELIEVABLE!!!!, so I asked to speak to the supervisor. Based on how this whole thing has unfolded I give Dish customer service about a D- and strongly was considering dumping them and going to DirecTv based on all of this hassle. Your computer system knows more than a tech who was just at my property who I had to pull teeth to get approved to send out? Just unbelievable stupidity. Here's an example of some of the conversation with the original CSR and the supervisor:

chatAgent.png
Ma. Kriselda (ID: DNG): Your installation is not possible because the equipment the Hopper 3 uses can only look at three satellites when paired with a side dish, and does not support the four satellites your installation requires
I told the CSR to call the tech that just left, gave the CSR the cell phone number and tech's name, the CSR refused. Just absolutely awful customer service.

chatAgent.png
Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): Well, here's the deal, normally after a tech out, we send a field technician supervisor
chatAgent.png
Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): he's going to give us a second opinion
chatAgent.png
Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): As much as I wanted to set up a technician out, this will result into same situation so I have this one escalated to our Tech Ops Team.
chatEndUserMessage.png
Wayne Reibold: do i have an appointment tomorrow or not? you said you set it up so is it setup or not?
chatAgent.png
Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): Unfortunately not.
chatAgent.png
Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): I just had a word that it won't improve the situation since it is a known issue for customers located in low beam fill areas like South Hill WA
chatEndUserMessage.png
Wayne Reibold: so am I supposed to get a call from some tech ops team? or where is all of this headed?
chatAgent.png
Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): It is highly possible that you may receive a call or email but I can't guarantee the time frame since they are checking on it as we speak
chatAgent.png
Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): We're coming up with the best solution not just for you but for all people whose affected with this situation
chatAgent.png
Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): and Imagine it's not possible without a help coming from a person named Wayne Reibold
chatAgent.png
Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): you'll be like a hero in this
chatEndUserMessage.png
Wayne Reibold: you talked about a field tech supervisor coming out to assess my situation, is that happening or not??
chatAgent.png
Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): That's is our protocol regardless if you asked me to do it or not. Meaning it's part of our Standard Operating Procedures to check every technicians work
chatAgent.png
Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): They could knock on your door though it's not always the case.
chatEndUserMessage.png
Wayne Reibold: here's my opinion: I think your computer system is WRONG for my account and that the tech who was just here is correct
chatAgent.png
Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): You're talking to a supervisor who's been with Dish for couple of years
chatAgent.png
Supervisor - Lawrence (ID: T7Z): I know you might not have faith in me but trust me, I've been with worse situation than this
chatEndUserMessage.png
Wayne Reibold: who has not been at my home and not talked to the Dish tech who just left my home

By the way I gave the supervisor the tech's name and cell phone number pleading to call him but he refused to call him. Forget logic.

Is this really a money issue for Dish? Apparantly, providing an additional reflector becomes relatively expensive for Dish. This was the case over a decade ago when a lot of the smaller LIL's were put on to wing sats, and UNDER THE LAW, any subscriber who requested their additional locals were to be provied with all means and labor at NO CHARGE to subscriber so they had access to all the LIL's on Dish. This was costing Dish money, so CSR's were told to say "NO" to any sub who requested it or tell the sub they had to pay. As I was told one CSR stated in her refusal " . . . this is costing us so much money . . ." The FCC finally got word of this by complaints and, essentially ordered Dish to act according to law and provide those addtional LIL's or else. Then, as if by magic, the heavand opended up, and all those subs who were told it could not be done, or they had to pay, were provided wing reflectors, the LNBF for them, and labor raining from the sky.

I'm really suspecious at this point. is "low beam" and excuse. It seems from what I've perused so far, that "low beam" was not the issue for some, but just too many "sats" or "LNBF's", used on current set-up, that would seem to be fixed by providing a wing reflector, and CSR's--not knowing much of anything--just look at the screen on the system that says, "NOT SUPPORTED" as a big excuse for Dish NOT to incure the additional cost of wing reflectors and they LNBF to go with it. Yes, those reflectors and LNBF's are faily cheap to Dish, but if they start adding them at a fair number, it might upset Charlie's spredsheet (start costing too much money for his liking) and now the word is NO for any set-ups beyond single reflector ones. Perhaps the NO game has spread to DIRT, as well.

Sorry, I smell MONEY at the heart of this, and that is understandable, but from what was posted on this forum about how Dish does not want customers to leave and they really wanted to enhance the Dish exerience with H3's for current customers, as well, even, it was infered, willing to bear addtional costs to make certainl everybody got the H3 who wanted one.

Yours truly could be very wrong, but I see a pattern NO unless one can magically get it through DIRT--as has happened, but seems to less the case now--or just given up.

It would be nice to hear from someone at Dish, from one of the officers, to give us the complete, straithgt answer to this. Without the Chats or Tech Forums, we are often left to guessing.

I forwarded what I posted to the specific DIRT who was tye only one to agree to do anything which was to setup the tech visit today to assess feasibility of an H3 at my property and tech said absolutely yes. We'll see if the DIRT responds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts