Why no H3 for me?

Yep. Sorry about that Chris S.

ChrisS@DISH doesn't work either in the search, comes up with no user with that name, other DIRTs I have contacted do work with first name + first letter of last name dish (e.g., RandallW@DISH is found, ChrisS@DISH does not).

The following error occurred:
The following members could not be found: ChrisS@DISH.

So I'm wondering now - about the Seattle area. Could it be that the reason cities like Duvall and Woodinville are getting the green light while Puyallup, Anacortes, Bremerton, etc are getting "nope" when we are all within a 50 mile radius, is on paper rather than real life?
Bremerton is good to go

ChrisS@DISH doesn't work either in the search, comes up with no user with that name, other DIRTs I have contacted do work with first name + first letter of last name dish (e.g., RandallW@DISH is found, ChrisS@DISH does not).

The following error occurred:
The following members could not be found: ChrisS@DISH.
Go to the home page for this site. Look at the list of helpers there. Click on the title for the list and you will see him listed. Click on his name.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

1 dish with western arc hybrid LNBF and hub. No issues yet
So DustNavy from Bremerton I was asking if PRIOR to the installation of your Hopper 3 if you had one or two sat dishes. From the reading I've done it seems those who are currently Dish customers and have TWO sat dishes get flagged as not being able to get the Hopper 3 (that's my best guess from reading I've done), that's why I was curious PRIOR to your install of the Hopper 3 if you had 2 sat dishes.

?
Do you have one or two dishes prior to install of Hopper 3? I'm still dead in the water in Puyallup after talking to multiple DIRTs and CSRs.

So DustNavy from Bremerton I was asking if PRIOR to the installation of your Hopper 3 if you had one or two sat dishes. From the reading I've done it seems those who are currently Dish customers and have TWO sat dishes get flagged as not being able to get the Hopper 3 (that's my best guess from reading I've done), that's why I was curious PRIOR to your install of the Hopper 3 if you had 2 sat dishes.

?
Do you have one or two dishes prior to install of Hopper 3? I'm still dead in the water in Puyallup after talking to multiple DIRTs and CSRs.
Oh sorry, yeah I had one dish prior as well

Something is goofy with this - I'm not that far from you and i'm scheduled for tomorrow.

Where do you live?

I got this response from a DIRT today and asked to proceed (I have 2 dishes installed by Dish):

Looking at Todd's account they did a relocate dish workorder to start to determine if the hybrid dish would work at his location. But his account does not, and did not show he is in a low beam area like your account does. So if you would like I can set up a relocate dish workorder for them to come check and see if the hybrid dish will work, and if so, I can then set up a Hopper 3 upgrade. Do you currently have two dishes, or one 24 inch dish? If you would like to do this please confirm your service address and your two phone numbers, and I will create a workorder.

Where do you live?

I got this response from a DIRT today and asked to proceed (I have 2 dishes installed by Dish):

Looking at Todd's account they did a relocate dish workorder to start to determine if the hybrid dish would work at his location. But his account does not, and did not show he is in a low beam area like your account does. So if you would like I can set up a relocate dish workorder for them to come check and see if the hybrid dish will work, and if so, I can then set up a Hopper 3 upgrade. Do you currently have two dishes, or one 24 inch dish? If you would like to do this please confirm your service address and your two phone numbers, and I will create a workorder.

I am in Duvall - east of Seattle, east of Redmond - we're between Monroe and Carnation - a bit of a drive from you, but not so far that I would've thought it would make such a difference. I have always had just the one dish with a Hopper/HWS/Joey system.

I am in Duvall - east of Seattle, east of Redmond - we're between Monroe and Carnation - a bit of a drive from you, but not so far that I would've thought it would make such a difference. I have always had just the one dish with a Hopper/HWS/Joey system.
I still don't really understand the need for some folks to have 2 dishes - is it because of additional programming or??

Where do you live?

I looked it up just to be sure - we are 40 miles apart "as the crow flies" - can that kind of distance really make such a big difference to a satellite in the sky??

I feel like they should be able to make it work for anyone in the Seattle region. I mean, I have flawless reception in Bremerton, no matter the weather. I can't imagine anywhere in a 50 mile radius ha ring any problems whatsoever

I feel like they should be able to make it work for anyone in the Seattle region. I mean, I have flawless reception in Bremerton, no matter the weather. I can't imagine anywhere in a 50 mile radius ha ring any problems whatsoever
exactly my thoughts all along on this issue

exactly my thoughts all along on this issue

I'm the one just up the road from you. All done in 2 hours and 10 minutes. Most of the wait is for software updates and syncing. Hopper with sling upgraded to H3, Joey upgraded to Joey 2, and reconnected the wireless Joey in the kids playroom to the H3. He replaced the LNB to start and everything went smoothly. Signal strength is much improved with the new technology. It all looks good to me. I think I will like the new remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)