Why no H3 for me?

Yes, two of them

Darn - sorry to hear that. Somehow, some way, this has got to get fixed. It seems so strange for the techies to have missed this before launch. But then there is so little that I understand about the "inner workings" and the technology involved. I'm sure news of this will get out and I have to believe that Dish will be working on a fix And soon, I hope, for the sake of a LOT of people.

Darn - sorry to hear that. Somehow, some way, this has got to get fixed. It seems so strange for the techies to have missed this before launch. But then there is so little that I understand about the "inner workings" and the technology involved. I'm sure news of this will get out and I have to believe that Dish will be working on a fix And soon, I hope, for the sake of a LOT of people.
There is a solution being worked on but it won't be available until later in the year.

There is a solution being worked on but it won't be available until later in the year.
So now I'm really confused - we have some folks on here that live in the Seattle area and definitely have the H3 up-and-running, while it sounds like others living very close-by are told they can't get it (until "later in the year" no less) - is the cause of this issue that sensitive to relatively short distances geographically?

Some folks have more than 3 LNB's they need for all their programming, those people are being told nope.

If you haven't done so I would contact DIRT and explain whats going on and see if they can send someone out to check things. Because if you have a Hopper now (I don't know if you do or not) you should be able to have a Hopper 3, unless you need more than 3 LNB's.

Yeah, I finally got dirt to send out a tech because I was convinced it should work. And I was right. I only had two dishes because of the original wobbly 129. They dedicated a single 500 to that bird to help with reception. Dish evidently codes that as a low beam area because you two dishes, bit since Ciel2, that's not am issue anymore. I just never had any issue with the two dishes so never had them swapped for a single dish. Well, that was a problem now. So tech said it should work fine with single dish and that they normally always do single dish installs up here unless that need the wing dish to get around a tree for LOS. My two dishes were right next to other because no LOS issues. So, definitely get a tech out to do a site survey and chance out the dish. I lucked out because I was only supposed to get the site survey and possible new dish. The tech had an extra H3 on his truck, so we just called in and got it added, and this time they were able to override the low beam area in their system to allow the order to actually go through. I had a remote who was awesome and very knowledgeable. He said he's done 3 other H3 installs in this area, but I was the first in our city of Anacortes. So, do t give up!

Reactions: charlesrshell
Some folks have more than 3 LNB's they need for all their programming, those people are being told nope.

If you haven't done so I would contact DIRT and explain whats going on and see if they can send someone out to check things. Because if you have a Hopper now (I don't know if you do or not) you should be able to have a Hopper 3, unless you need more than 3 LNB's.
Thanks Scott - I'm actually waiting on one of the DIRT guys to get back to me so I haven't heard for sure one way or another. I'm just trying to understand as this seems to be affecting some people in close proximity to me. There are some in this thread that are in the "no camp" so they might want to dig further. I'm starting to understand though - the programming is apparently an issue. I actually have the HWS system, a single dish, and only 3 LNB's. Hopefully that's a good thing. If nothing else, this is all very educational and enlightening :)

Reactions: Scott Greczkowski
Yeah, I finally got dirt to send out a tech because I was convinced it should work. And I was right. I only had two dishes because of the original wobbly 129. They dedicated a single 500 to that bird to help with reception. Dish evidently codes that as a low beam area because you two dishes, bit since Ciel2, that's not am issue anymore. I just never had any issue with the two dishes so never had them swapped for a single dish. Well, that was a problem now. So tech said it should work fine with single dish and that they normally always do single dish installs up here unless that need the wing dish to get around a tree for LOS. My two dishes were right next to other because no LOS issues. So, definitely get a tech out to do a site survey and chance out the dish. I lucked out because I was only supposed to get the site survey and possible new dish. The tech had an extra H3 on his truck, so we just called in and got it added, and this time they were able to override the low beam area in their system to allow the order to actually go through. I had a remote who was awesome and very knowledgeable. He said he's done 3 other H3 installs in this area, but I was the first in our city of Anacortes. So, do t give up!
Way to go!

Installer just left. H3 up and working without issue. Awesome!
Where do you live? Prior to Hopper 3 how many sat dishes did you have? You had a Hopper 2? How many sat dishes do you have now with Hopper 3? I have 2 sat dishes with Hopper 2 installed by Dish in Puyallup WA so far none of the CSRs incl Dirt have been able to get me scheduled for a Hopper 3 due to low beam issue.

I had a Hopper 2 with two Dish 500 dishes. I'm in Anacortes (San Jauns) , so well North of you. I have a single dish now (1000.2 I think) with hybrid lnb of course.

As others have noted: DISH ROCKS! I've been working with Mike since last week. I had a number of account issues that needed to be addressed before I could even think about the new H3. Then came all the conflicting/confusing info about the Seattle area as far as even GETTING the H3 system. Fortunately I have only a single HD satellite dish with a Hopper/HWS/Joey setup, so I think that made it somewhat easier. Bottom line is that I am scheduled for this Thursday which gives me time to save the recordings that I what I want to keep. I'm thinking about re-creating timers so I can just start fresh (not that conflicts should be a problem anymore LOL). Thank you DIRT and thank you Mike!! Taking a bit of time to do this has allowed me to glean a lot of useful tips and hints from others in these threads, so thanks to ALL of you "Sat-Guys" (that's gender-inclusive) :bday

Reactions: Todd Nicholson
So with Hopper 3 you still have 2 sat dishes?
No. I forgot to answer you that so I edited my post I guess after your reply. Anyhow, I have a single 1000.2 dish now. No need for two. I didn't notice any different signal strengths either between this one and the two 500's I had before.

Congrats on being Numero Uno!!

Update for Seattle Peeps. My western arc hybrid lnbf and hub arrived today ahead of the hopper 3. I installed and everything is still working smoothly on my HWS. Now my hopper 3 should just need hooked up, phone call/update/all that jazz, and play

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts