Why no H3 for me?

Yeah, I finally got dirt to send out a tech because I was convinced it should work. And I was right. I only had two dishes because of the original wobbly 129. They dedicated a single 500 to that bird to help with reception. Dish evidently codes that as a low beam area because you two dishes, bit since Ciel2, that's not am issue anymore. I just never had any issue with the two dishes so never had them swapped for a single dish. Well, that was a problem now. So tech said it should work fine with single dish and that they normally always do single dish installs up here unless that need the wing dish to get around a tree for LOS. My two dishes were right next to other because no LOS issues. So, definitely get a tech out to do a site survey and chance out the dish. I lucked out because I was only supposed to get the site survey and possible new dish. The tech had an extra H3 on his truck, so we just called in and got it added, and this time they were able to override the low beam area in their system to allow the order to actually go through. I had a remote who was awesome and very knowledgeable. He said he's done 3 other H3 installs in this area, but I was the first in our city of Anacortes. So, do t give up!

What is name of DIRT you worked with? I was just told 2 minutes ago by a DIRT there is nothing they can do until low beam issue solved so dead end. If you can inform your DIRT what happened today that would be helpful so when I contact them they will know about your successful install in the Seattle area. Thanks.

Hopefully I have better news. I'm waiting on DIRT to respond to my message. They had me check my signal on 129. My signal is stronger than the strength he said it should be. I only have one dish and it's the 1000.2. Not sure why they're not able to upgrade me.

If you are already running a single 1000.2, there's no reason they can't upgrade, it's an updated version of the same arc essentially

If you are already running a single 1000.2, there's no reason they can't upgrade, it's an updated version of the same arc essentially

I'm thinking they have a different setup of my account in the system. I use to have two dishes. The last time I had someone out he decided to change out my dish while he was here. Maybe that didn't get communicated to change my account. I don't know. Hopefully I'll be good to go and can have things taken care of this weekend.

I'll post status one way or another. The install is scheduled for tomorrow morning. I'm just virtually a stone's throw up WD Road from you.
Oh my! I really AM confused! All this talk about locations and geography has thrown me! You said you're near WD road! For some reason, my brain relocated you to BIG ROCK ROAD! LOL!! That's where I live. Big Rock not WD. Sheesh! Not sure it would make any difference but I'm a little "further out in the country". Hope you're enjoying your spanking new H3. ;) Meanwhile, I need to go look for my compass!

That could be very likely. Your account is probably still flagged low beam area with those two dishes.

I've been in contact with 2 DIRTs today (neither the same DIRT you worked with), neither able to get me on an appointment, they ask for a ton of info then say can't do anything for me due to low beam issue. I even copy/pasted what you posted about being able to get yours installed and working in a PM to them but no movement. I'm going to contact your DIRT tonight. It isn't like I NEED a Hopper 3 now but I just am not convinced how I'll know when I can get it, how I would know short of trolling these forums constantly which I know I won't remember to do. The hard drive on my Hopper 2 is starting to show symptoms of problems so probably sooner rather than later for a Hopper 3 would be good.

Oh my! I really AM confused! All this talk about locations and geography has thrown me! You said you're near WD road! For some reason, my brain relocated you to BIG ROCK ROAD! LOL!! That's where I live. Big Rock not WD. Sheesh! Not sure it would make any difference but I'm a little "further out in the country". Hope you're enjoying your spanking new H3. ;) Meanwhile, I need to go look for my compass!

Yeah, we're 6 or 7 minutes drive from the Grange in unincorporated Wville. The appointment for tomorrow morning was confirmed. So they haven't killed my H3 dreams yet. Will update after the appointment.

Cool - and I'm Thursday morning. For some reason I thought u were hooked up today - I can't keep everyone straight! My appt is for Thursday morning so I'm right behind you. Let's hope we're both successful :)

Last edited:
Yeah, we're 6 or 7 minutes drive from the Grange in unincorporated Wville. The appointment for tomorrow morning was confirmed. So they haven't killed my H3 dreams yet. Will update after the appointment.
I worked for the past 14 years in the city of W-Ville so I drove that road twice a day, 5 days a week and sometimes a R/T on Sunday's. That's still the way I go to almost everywhere.

I've been in contact with 2 DIRTs today (neither the same DIRT you worked with), neither able to get me on an appointment, they ask for a ton of info then say can't do anything for me due to low beam issue. I even copy/pasted what you posted about being able to get yours installed and working in a PM to them but no movement. I'm going to contact your DIRT tonight. It isn't like I NEED a Hopper 3 now but I just am not convinced how I'll know when I can get it, how I would know short of trolling these forums constantly which I know I won't remember to do. The hard drive on my Hopper 2 is starting to show symptoms of problems so probably sooner rather than later for a Hopper 3 would be good.
So I'm wondering now - about the Seattle area. Could it be that the reason cities like Duvall and Woodinville are getting the green light while Puyallup, Anacortes, Bremerton, etc are getting "nope" when we are all within a 50 mile radius, is on paper rather than real life?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts