Why not local radar on dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
afigbee said:
jkinser,

I can't just turn on my local station and get a radar screen, and if it's 3am they're probably not going to be on anyway. I'm interested in seeing the radar and not some intervening goofball and catchy jingles about the new tire store.

The capability is obviously there to do it, we can get AccuWeather now. This is just one tweak beyond that. We could say it's a public safety issue.

rickaren,

What do you mean?

I can't believe that this is still being discussed, but in Indianapolis all three Local Channels have at least one sub digital weather channel with live radar. Yes we have had a lot of bad weather here and I view those OTA channels a lot during those times. It is kind of fansanting watching live radar that shows clearly where your home is and where the storms are projected to go and arrive. Maybe Indianapolis is an exception, but I doubt it. If you want Local weather I'm sure it is on your computer if not OTA. I also use the National Weather Site http://weather.unisys.com/radar/rad_us_loop.html

that shows "Live" weather for the complete country. Give it a try!

the whole point was and still is....

dish offers tons of options. It would be nice to be able to get a radar channel on there also.

Simple idea.

Sassan said:
the whole point was and still is....

dish offers tons of options. It would be nice to be able to get a radar channel on there also.

Simple idea.

Have to have enough people that request it, and the only way to keep it all on one national channel is to do it the way the weather channel does it with a national view, and then go with section views with maybe a zoom in to area's with watch boxes. To have localized specific information for say the Detroit metro area or the Chicago metro area ect ect ect available to each city and locality would require a seperate channel for each dma and that would eat up way to much space on the sats now.

National radar with section views and zoom on watch boxes should be good enough to put on one national channel and thats it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)