Why only one dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bluezbear

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
Atlanta
I had D* come out for a new install. I told him that I have to have HD networks. He said that he get HD with two dishes but D* would not him to install two dishes. Is this true or is he another idiot?

HUH? You question is not 100% clear.

The vast majority of users can receive standard and HD programming with a one dish setup. Some SD LiL and internationals need a 2nd dish.

What is the zip code in question.

Sorry for the confusion.
I have E* but can't see satellite 129 for local networks in HD. I use an OTA antenna for locals in HD but the signal is so so. I have two dishes. One at the 110/119 and one at the 61.5 bird.
The D* installer said I could not use one dish and get the locals in HD but if D* were STILL letting them install two dishes I could get the HD locals.
I'm will to pay extra but that wasn't an option.

The DirecTV will "see" 99, 101, 103, 110, 119.

Why would you need a 2nd dish to get your standard programming and HD locals from DirecTV?

What orbital slot can'y you see of those 5 and why?

My market as well as a very few others have locals located on the Directv 72.5 degree bird. This market doesn't have the locals located on any of the satellites that the 5LNB dish looks at. In the very near future everything will be moved to those satellites but for now. We have to install two dishes at every residence. One for core or HD programming and one for the standard digital locals channels using an 18" dish pointed at the 72.5 sat.

Thats why we need to know the OPs zip; even though his profiles lists ATL; which should be no problem with 1 dish.

I had D* come out for a new install. I told him that I have to have HD networks. He said that he get HD with two dishes but D* would not him to install two dishes. Is this true or is he another idiot?

If you need a dish for the 72.5 locals the installer should install at no cost to you. If they say something about payment, call dtv while he is there and ask them why the installer is trying to scam money out of you. 1-888-355-7530

Yes, your free standard professional install includes:
gas for the installer (do not pay him for gas).
the second tuner for a DTV (do not pay him to run two wires)
a pole mount if required for line of sight (only pay for pole mounts if you request it)
installation of as many dishes as needed to get programing (as many as three)
up to 125 feet of cable PER box

Do not pay for anything in the list above. If you have a question call the number before the installer gets his money (or you may never see him or the money again).

If you need a dish for the 72.5 locals the installer should install at no cost to you. If they say something about payment, call dtv while he is there and ask them why the installer is trying to scam money out of you. 1-888-355-7530

Yes, your free standard professional install includes:
gas for the installer (do not pay him for gas).
the second tuner for a DTV (do not pay him to run two wires)
a pole mount if required for line of sight (only pay for pole mounts if you request it)
installation of as many dishes as needed to get programing (as many as three)
up to 125 feet of cable PER box

Do not pay for anything in the list above. If you have a question call the number before the installer gets his money (or you may never see him or the money again).
Downthedoor,

Your list is pretty good.............HSPs attempt to do business that way. That is the reason they are (generalization) so far behind on installs and..surprise, surprise........many many service calls.

The basic installation had none of that crap ( you left out the phone thing) and installers made most of their money on the custom work. Them days are gone.

See if you can get through to DTV to discuss custom work charges.

Joe

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)