Why so difficult to Sign up?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stevelite

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
As a long time user of @cho it was time for me to try DirectTV. I tried to sign up via online web. Web interface was easy until I got to "International Programming" unfortunately it didn't list my choice of international programming. In fact it only listed a hand full of international programs.

So, I called the toll # to sign up and I was told to take advantage of current promotions Free DVD player and $100 cash back, I would need to sign up online and then call back later customer service to add international programming.
Why is this necessary? It's like buying car with options. You pickup the car, and go back to install options later date.

Surely if they want to lure and sign up new customers, they need to make ordering programs and international easier in my opinion. :-(

Actually I am kinda of glad I didn't sign up cause, I saw a new promotions for current *echo customers.

I would call back and ask for sales 1800-531-5000

As a long time user of @cho it was time for me to try DirectTV. I tried to sign up via online web. Web interface was easy until I got to "International Programming" unfortunately it didn't list my choice of international programming. In fact it only listed a hand full of international programs.

So, I called the toll # to sign up and I was told to take advantage of current promotions Free DVD player and $100 cash back, I would need to sign up online and then call back later customer service to add international programming.
Why is this necessary? It's like buying car with options. You pickup the car, and go back to install options later date.

Surely if they want to lure and sign up new customers, they need to make ordering programs and international easier in my opinion. :-(

Actually I am kinda of glad I didn't sign up cause, I saw a new promotions for current *echo customers.

Wow you can sign up online or by phone and get the same promotion. You got a bad rep. Call 8005315000 and ask for sales rep, and if that doesn't help ask to speak to retention dept and explain you headache.

You can't just call in to retention any more, you need a special code; they are weeding out people from calling that have no business calling.

Just signup online an add the programming the day of the install.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)