Why so many infomercial channels...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

meldar_b

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
Floyd Co. Kentucky
Why so many infomercial channels...:confused: :down :yikes:no:shocked:smug:river:what

Don't get me wrong I love having D*:D but they have too many infomercial channels.

They are too many channels out there D* can add why those crappy infomercial channels.

I'm sure that D* knows that we all block these channels using our favorite list. Those infomercial channels must be paying some really big bucks in order to put that crap on the air like that.

As listed in another thread How about adding some Canadian channels. I would love to see "MUCHMUSIC" and "SPACE" added to the D* lineup:heart:bounce.:love:music: :bow :hungry: :clap

It's easy revenue for D*. The home shopping channels pay D* for carriage and my guess is the God Squad channels do it as well.

I think DirecTV is going bankrupt after paying that $4 billion for the exclusive NFL Sunday Ticket contract extension last month.
What really pisses me off is they removed a real channel (AFN) last month and replaced it with ANOTHER infomercial channel. WTF DirecTV???

I don't know, one way or the other, about what the NFLST has done to DirecTV, but it really gets me that they stuck an infomercial station between the History and International History channels. Good grief! Having said that infomercials are huge business and I'm sure DirecTV picks up some nice change from carrying them.

If they made record profits last year, why do they need 20 infomercial channels? NFL ST is why! Having the exclusive contract does them more harm than good.

It would be like if you were being paid for smileys. Same as directv getting paid for infomercials, you both like them.

If they made record profits last year, why do they need 20 infomercial channels? NFL ST is why! Having the exclusive contract does them more harm than good.

i still find it hard to believe that a buisness would invest in something like this more than once if it was a loss to them. it's suicide investing in something that would hurt your profits. it makes no sense. I have yet to see someone post concrete evidence that the NFL ST is a loss for directv and that the loss is being spread out over to all directv customers. We have seen enough evidence to conclude that it can't be a loss for directv, they have positive numbers every quarter and sub growth continues to rise despite of other issues that don't belong in this forum.:)

i still find it hard to believe that a buisness would invest in something like this more than once if it was a loss to them. it's suicide investing in something that would hurt your profits. it makes no sense. I have yet to see someone post concrete evidence that the NFL ST is a loss for directv and that the loss is being spread out over to all directv customers. We have seen enough evidence to conclude that it can't be a loss for directv, they have positive numbers every quarter and sub growth continues to rise despite of other issues that don't belong in this forum.:)

Okay but you didn't answer my first question though. If they're making record profits each quarter, why do they need the infomercial revenue? I've asked this question several times on other threads and like a lot of the other questions I often ask (I.e. Why can't they be the HD premium leader?, Why does each PPV movie need to be on 15 channels?), no one ever gives me a logical answer that makes sense both marketing-wise and technical-wise.

Okay but you didn't answer my first question though. If they're making record profits each quarter, why do they need the infomercial revenue? I've asked this question several times on other threads and like a lot of the other questions I often ask, no one ever gives me a logical answer.

I hear ya and my only answer is despite of record profits as they say, why would you turn down extra $$$$?? You know for some it's never enough. They might not need it but why not take it anyway? I would.

To re-iterate my edits to the last post. Yes it may make sense financially, but not to customers. It wastes bandwidth and no one watches them. DirecTV needs to start working on pleasing the demographics other than sports fans, and stop lining their pockets and wasting bandwidth. Saying they only have infomercial channels for the money is like being a hired assassin. Yes the money is good, but everyone hates you for it.

To re-iterate my edits to the last post. Yes it may make sense financially, but not to customers. It wastes bandwidth and no one watches them. DirecTV needs to start working on pleasing the demographics other than sports fans, and stop lining their pockets and wasting bandwidth.

i agree that most customers don't watch them but remember that these companies see us as dollar signs $$$ only. that's it. as long as their numbers continue to be positive they'll see it as they're doing everything right. Honestly,I don't think D is getting too many calls over this either so it shall continue......

Give me 10 minutes after I post until you quote my threads, I always edit them 4 or 5 times right after I post them.

Saying they only have infomercial channels for the money is like being a hired assassin. Yes the money is good, but everyone hates you for it.

Why so many infomercial channels...:confused: :down :yikes:no:shocked:smug:river:what

Don't get me wrong I love having D*:D but they have too many infomercial channels.

They are too many channels out there D* can add why those crappy infomercial channels.

I'm sure that D* knows that we all block these channels using our favorite list. Those infomercial channels must be paying some really big bucks in order to put that crap on the air like that.

As listed in another thread How about adding some Canadian channels. I would love to see "MUCHMUSIC" and "SPACE" added to the D* lineup:heart:bounce.:love:music: :bow :hungry: :clap

Dang it.. have enough enimated smilies?

Wow, that is the first time I have ever seen anyone ask after the post for time before it is quoted....for editing....lol

Tom, maybe that should be done before you post to begin with:D

I hear ya and my only answer is despite of record profits as they say, why would you turn down extra $$$$?? You know for some it's never enough. They might not need it but why not take it anyway? I would.

What company wouldnt? That is the main point of being in business is it not?:confused:

What company wouldnt? That is the main point of being in business is it not?:confused:

if you're just going to make money doing things that piss people off, that's nothing but corporate greed. It benefits no one but you. they're not providing a service, they're just lining their pockets, brought to you by ShamWow!

It doesn't bother me at all, but I've noticed that they seem to grow by the month in numbers. lol It's just kind of amusing to me, I've actually always have been drawn to some of these as far back as to when I was a kid in the middle of the night. I dno't buy any of that crap, but some of it's amusing.

if you're just going to make money doing things that piss people off, that's nothing but corporate greed. It benefits no one but you. they're not providing a service, they're just lining their pockets, brought to you by ShamWow!

Are you getting a service that you pay for? What exactly are you not getting that is mention in your terms of service and you should? Not press releases, your terms of service.

Again I say, they are in business to make money. No other reason to do what they do. They (most any company) provide what you pay for. Maybe it is not all that you want, but that is why there are other options, other companies.

How many times do I have to tell you I'm NOT getting another provider? Do you have Alzheimer's Disease or something? I've explained it at least a dozen times.

How many times do I have to tell you I'm NOT getting another provider? Do you have Alzheimer's Disease or something? I've explained it at least a dozen times.

I never told you to. I said that there are options....there is a difference Tom in the context of the conversation we are having. No need to try to attack me because of it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)