Why so secretive with HD extras?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikew

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
I sub to MLB EI and the premium package. I saw no evidence last night of a baseball game in the 90-99 channel range. Today, I turn on the Tivo and the Dodgers' broadcast on Prime Ticket is showing on channel 95. I'm not in the area and it is not blacked out. It's not listed as an HD game on DirecTV's EI schedule.

Why can't there be a list of available games? I have NBA LP and see games in the guide. Some are blacked out, some are not.

It's nice to have the game show up in HD (even though it's already on ESPN), but how 'bout a frickin' schedule?

Unbelievable, I knew they would have some hd games on this week. The schedule is useless, it's become quite apparant to me that I will have to follow through with my project to make a constantly updated directv sports schedule for everyone.

Why can't they show a game that's not on espn though.

mikew said:
I sub to MLB EI and the premium package. I saw no evidence last night of a baseball game in the 90-99 channel range. Today, I turn on the Tivo and the Dodgers' broadcast on Prime Ticket is showing on channel 95. I'm not in the area and it is not blacked out. It's not listed as an HD game on DirecTV's EI schedule.

Why can't there be a list of available games? I have NBA LP and see games in the guide. Some are blacked out, some are not.

It's nice to have the game show up in HD (even though it's already on ESPN), but how 'bout a frickin' schedule?
http://www.hdsportsguide.com/mlb.php
Check out the link above. Unfortunately it don't list games in the 90-99 range.

drew2k said:
I agree that DirecTV could do a better job of advertising their HD games. DirecTV doesn't even list HD games on the MLB EI web page (http://www.directvsports.com/Subscriptions/MLBExtraInnings/Schedule/)

I'm trying to figure out where to watch the Yankees' season opener tonight. I'm going to be reduced to calling a CSR, and I can only hope they'll have the answer ...

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/

4/3/2006 MLB N.Y. Yankees vs. Oakland A's 10:00 PM(ET) ESPN2HD (720p)

I use that for my sports guide and Zap2it.com for my regular. It is also on the DirecTV guide online and the EPG on-screen. Also, see the attached. Sorry for the blurryness, not sure why it did that when I saved it.

The specific events can be selected from the grey row at the top.

Attachments

• MLB Sched.jpg
    MLB Sched.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
That guide doesn't help much with directv, and the online directv guide sometimes doesn't even update with the correct hd channel until after a game starts, if at all.

Unfortunately, ESPN is blacked out since I'm in the NY market (YES' home territory). I did speak to a CSR tonight, and he didn't have any info either. His suggestion was to just scroll through the 90's channels and see if I found anything. Instead, I found the YES HD Road Schedule, and learned I have to wait until May 1st for the first Road Game to be broadcast in HD. All Yankees home games will be in HD, so I'm just going to hope (yet again!) that DirecTV will have those games schedule properly in the guide!

Questioner said:
That guide doesn't help much with directv, and the online directv guide sometimes doesn't even update with the correct hd channel until after a game starts, if at all.

Its not meant to help for DirecTV specific, but to find WHO is broadcasting and when.

drew2k said:
Unfortunately, ESPN is blacked out since I'm in the NY market (YES' home territory). I did speak to a CSR tonight, and he didn't have any info either. His suggestion was to just scroll through the 90's channels and see if I found anything. Instead, I found the YES HD Road Schedule, and learned I have to wait until May 1st for the first Road Game to be broadcast in HD. All Yankees home games will be in HD, so I'm just going to hope (yet again!) that DirecTV will have those games schedule properly in the guide!

Well that is by rule so DirecTV and Dish have to enforce the rules they are given. Complain to the leagues, FCC, and the rights holder.

Last edited:
I see that CSN in Washington DC will broadcast in HD tonight, does that mean since I'm in their region, I will see the game in HD on channel 629 or what channel will that game be on in HD. I'm new to all of this and still trying to figure it out.

No, you will never see an hd broadcast in the 600s, it will be in the 90s, but not that many games are shown sadly, you just have to wait and see if it shows up in the guide.

I agree...this is very, very frustrating trying to find out what is going to be on in the 90s HD channels. I am a hockey fan and since only HDNet has a solid schedule I must look every night when I get home to see if a game will be in HD in the 90s channels. I live in MD and was able to get the Dodgers game in HD yesterday---although I am not a baseball fan. A schedule would be nice!

I didn't subscribe to EI because I couldn't tell how many of the Braves games would be in HD. D* essentially lost a customer because they were lazy.

On the other hand look how many of the sports nets are in HD!!! Uhhhhh.....isn't it time that we get more HD content ALL the time???????

Your thread title should read "Why is DirecTv so incompetent in printing an HD List of MLB EI games?" that is the question. This is not a new problem but it has been going on for a long time now. You would think that somebody by now would have done this. Good luck!

It appears this is covering other sports too! Hockey !

Sean Mota said:
Your thread title should read "Why is DirecTv so incompetent in printing an HD List of MLB EI games?" that is the question. This is not a new problem but it has been going on for a long time now. You would think that somebody by now would have done this. Good luck!

It's almost like D* doesn't WANT to let people know that they are going to have HD coverage of sports. COME ON!!! It isn't like there is a bandwidth problem!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)