Why the University of Miami Should DROP it's Football Program!

Who has proof? The NCAA has not started and investigation. This is ONE guy who wrote a book. I do not recall the NCAA stating there is enough proof to drop the program.

...not opinion, but fact.;)

Either way...I know we all agree they are entitled to their opinion. :up

Sandra

Thats what I was gonna say, the NCAA hasn't gotten into this as of yet, till they get into it, they have nothing to worry about.

Personally, I think he is trying to get back at Randy Shannon. As I have read, he hates that Shannon refused access to his players because he was trying to create some kind of pro sports agency that would be headlined by player from The U. He went out of his way to try to get close to the team but he has been shunned by Shannon. He was a season ticket holder and supposedly the moment Shannon was given an extention, he gave up his tickets and then the whole ponzi scheme came to light.

Personally, I think he is trying to get back at Randy Shannon. As I have read, he hates that Shannon refused access to his players because he was trying to create some kind of pro sports agency that would be headlined by player from The U. He went out of his way to try to get close to the team but he has been shunned by Shannon. He was a season ticket holder and supposedly the moment Shannon was given an extention, he gave up his tickets and then the whole ponzi scheme came to light.

...but if there actually was a ponzi scheme as stated, how it came to light is irrelevant. ;)

Sandra

Thats pretty narrow minded , that stuff happens all over the place and most of the time it never gets reported.
I think that one of these things happens every few years at a major university. The fact that all of them happened in the less than one year that I lived in Ohio was pretty "impressive." That having been said, I would suspect that the Athletic Department has very few people remaining from those days.

I really dug Columbus. Sometimes I wish that I'd stayed in Ohio and bought a house in a little town called Delaware, OH.

Lima on the other hand ...

Nope. The university will not allow because they are afraid you will be told to NOT show up and get paid for it.

I do not thimk that is true everywhere, and don't think is true at least in the summer anywhere these days. I may be wrong, but like I said, I know kids that have summer jobs and athletic scholarships.

Its clear this idiot has it out for the coach. Personally I can't Miami or calling it the. U. As for elimnating football it willl never happen. Football funds most schools atheletics. More than likely every school is commiting some type of violation but most are not worth reporting and have no impact. If they could prove the claims are legit this
would be SMU all over.

I do not thimk that is true everywhere, and don't think is true at least in the summer anywhere these days. I may be wrong, but like I said, I know kids that have summer jobs and athletic scholarships.
They are not allowed to have jobs during the school year, but can during the summers. But there are rules that the summer jobs can't be for people connected to the school.
Some schools impose additional rules, due to history of boosters giving kids good paying jobs for little to no work.

They are not allowed to have jobs during the school year, but can during the summers. But there are rules that the summer jobs can't be for people connected to the school.
Some schools impose additional rules, due to history of boosters giving kids good paying jobs for little to no work.

That sounds about right.

Who was the last school to get the death penalty? I doubt they will do it to any big name school that brings in lots of money.

Who was the last school to get the death penalty? I doubt they will do it to any big name school that brings in lots of money.
SMU, and it pretty much led to the destruction of the Southwest Conference. Which is why the NCAA hasn't used it since in cases like Alabama or USC.

you are correct msmith it was 1987. I forgot they canceled a complete season in 1987.
SMU also didn't field a team in 1988 because they didn't think that they could compete with as many restrictions as the NCAA punishment gave them. They used to sell shirts up there with a dead pony, feet in the air, and the caption "SMU Football, 1987 & 1988 - Undefeated."

As I remember, some members of the NCAA have said that they will never again issue the death penalty after seeing the long term impact that it has had at SMU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)