Why Voom is Doomed - one customers saga

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
ATTENTION CONSUMERS: Voom has leapfrogged past HD television and landed smack dab into the entertainment realm of the 22nd Century - VIRTUAL REALITY ! For a mere $79.99 a month you can close your eyes and IMAGINE that you're seeing those quaint, antiquated HD images of the 21st Century ! Act now and we'll throw in a virtual VHD Box and Dish AND an imaginary installer to seamless bring the whole kit into one intangible pipe dream !*
Yeah, but just imagine the Picture Quality, you can't get any Higher Def than that, and no mosquito noise either. Enjoy your virtual PlayboyHD.

That's going way too easy on Voom.

seandudley said:
Yea, ditto. I'd call it a 90% rule, where 90% of the time people are lazy and don't do what they are supposed to, and that 90% gets most of the attention. At least from my expenience, I am almost always let down by anyone I hire to do anything, they are all lazy, and quite often turn out to be thieves.

I know I'm not the most popular vioce on this forum, but all you Voomists should be expecting more of Vooms installers. My service call has been rescheduled four freaking times! (Remember I'm the guy not getting the locals cuz I have no power inserter for the Stealth). Voom's lousy service providers / installers are sh*tting all over what is THE BEST SATELLITE PRODUCT AVAILABLE. It is imperative Voom clean this mess up...

1. We all are the early adopters, the ones who influence the technology purchases of all of our friends.

2. Voom's product is superior, but no company can piss-off customers indefinitely.

3. Sucking worse than a cable company should be repellant to every Voom employee. Eventually the only talent you'll retain will be the employees at the company that buys you out.

That's it for me, now back to T1 on Monsters, no need for local channels tonight.

Hey, Charlie "we're all doomed" Brown! Take it easy. Did you have the same impatience when you got your first cell phone or computer? Those things have bugs too but they do work. And so does HDTV and so does VOOM. Try to read directions.....and then follow them.....ask if you don't know and for goodness sake writing 3 act melodramas will not help you as much as using that time reading and being informed about the task you have undertaken.

DBS installers here in Wa state are always on time. ANd there installation dept calls you week and day of service call.
Just make sure they dont steal your DVI cables.

Attn: Iwantmyhdtv

Sounds like someone is a R6 fan. I cant wait for R6: BA. Send me a friend request on XBL at whiteice if you want to join up sometime.

Whiteice

"to them the installers are Voom,they don't know they should call first,get the name of the installer,etc,etc all they do is place the order and get a date"

I think the main issue here is that the consumer should not have to worry about any of that after the point of making the install appt. Voom is doing the contracting so it should be Vooms priority of making sure this goes as smooth as possible. In my case my Installer was great. Prompt and on time and very polite. When I got my replacement STB he sent one of his employees. He was not the most profession-able looking person but again on time and polite. I guess I got lucky though after reading the horror stories.

My install was terrible. I still don't have my upgrade antenna and dish upgrade. I've gone through 5 service calls. The only installer that was competent wouldn't come back. He told me that Installs Inc. screws their subcontractors if they have to go on a call back. The other installers were nice guys but it was clear that they had no idea what they were doing. I had to go back on the roof to fix there mistakes each time.

Voom has crushed my spirit. I'm gone once I find the right deal. The limited HD content is not worth this frustration.

More knowledge on your part upfront would be more helpful. When you get into a business deal do you go blindly into it? Do your homework. Have things ready. Anticipate. And don't play Chicken Little at the first sign of trouble. There are solutions to all these problems. After all you are getting 40 channels of the finest HDTV available. It's worth a wait in the long run. And then make sure your set is calibrated because the PQ is great in a properly calibrated set. Some of you sound like spoiled children. Anything technical can have problems. But from what I've read here it seems that 90% are human error. Get a better installer. Find answers to your problems instead of throwing your arms in the air and running about. If you still feel the same way by all means go back to dreary SD. While you're at it get rid of your computer and cell phone because they can also have problems.

Tvlman said:
More knowledge on your part upfront would be more helpful. When you get into a business deal do you go blindly into it? Do your homework. Have things ready. Anticipate. And don't play Chicken Little at the first sign of trouble. There are solutions to all these problems. After all you are getting 40 channels of the finest HDTV available. It's worth a wait in the long run. And then make sure your set is calibrated because the PQ is great in a properly calibrated set. Some of you sound like spoiled children. Anything technical can have problems. But from what I've read here it seems that 90% are human error. Get a better installer. Find answers to your problems instead of throwing your arms in the air and running about. If you still feel the same way by all means go back to dreary SD. While you're at it get rid of your computer and cell phone because they can also have problems.

If Moto made cell phones as crappy as my Voom STB, I would get rid of my cell phone. Lucky for me they do ONE thing well-make cell phones.

I have an Apple laptop that is built like a tank and runs like a deer.

Voom has a lousy STB, lousy installers and poor SD PQ. My set looks better with cable SD than Voom SD. it's been calibrated.

Same here. The Voom rep set up the install for a Saturday (this on the prior Sat). On Tuesday, the installer called and said Sat was a wash... how about Friday? I got off work for the morning and only had to wait an hour past the time the guy said he'd be there. The install went quick and without a hitch. Now if they could only fix the STB bugs and get a planner that will allow for recurrent scheduling and shut the damn box off when it's done, that would be GREAT!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)