Why was Dish card thread CLOSED

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

trido

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
Southern indiana
Also why do the 811 and 311 not use a card?

Do they just have a chip inside instead of using the card?

Trido

Whoever closed it thought that it might be headed towards hack talk. The newer receivers have the smart cards built-in.

chaddux said:
Whoever closed it thought that it might be headed towards hack talk. The newer receivers have the smart cards built-in.
Ok thanks well they can delete this thread then,I just was curious why I dont have any cards now I know

thanks

Trido

We have learned that when we start talking about cards the topic end up going downhill with hack talk (even if the origional poster had no intention to talk about hacking) If the question has been answered without talking hack talk we like to close those before they go to far.

Yes all new Dish Network receivers (311, 811, 522, 322) do not have a smartcard as it is built on the motherboard.

Hope that answers that. :D

Since I was the original author of the thread, I still have questions. However since that thread is no longer open, I will ask here.....

I was curious what those cards did. I have two 301s that have been out of service for little over a year. I havent tried hooking them up, but I was wandering if they are going to work or would I have to replace these cards? If so how do I go about doing this?

Again Im not asking for any illegal advice or activity. I simply want to know what my options are for these other two recievers.........

I believe that if the card is blue, it has to swapped out. You can call DISH and arrange a swap.

Blue cards have only been swapped for the 6000 boxes. They'll get to the rest eventually. It is likely that the box will have to be active on an account in order to get the card for free.

You don't need a smart card to identify the receiver. MAC addresses in most hardware these days is unique and can't be changed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts