why won't Dish fix their idiotic guide issues?

As much i want to blame dish for this the problem is the dropped there original EPG provider to save money that change lead to start of problem then when that contract end the changed providers it again and it start all over again. They should never change epg provider.

Then again i fail to see how the guide have wrong info and names, when 99% of all channels that have there OWN guide and schedule, that these providers can just download and parse and put into the guide. into one full guide complete and correct functions guide. the whole thing is should be automated and so long as info from channel own guide and schedule is right so should this guide, problem come when they start changing it. I am sure it not that simple but cant be complicated as they are making it.

Who else remeber seeing guide say new episodes of quantum leap in 2021 a show that been off there air reruns from more then 3 decades? among other shows do the same.The best was when timer simply would not trigger or even see the show having timer despite name being exactly that, cause meta data was wrong. at some point i had 5+ times of same show cause each week diffrent timer need to be made to record the show. atlest that issue is fixed, I can deal with timers not recording cause it dont think it new but timer not triggering period cause each week the meta data for show changed was just bs.

DVB EPG specs have nothing to do with info being put in guide being inaccurate and half assed, that just issue on providers end screwing up which what cause the start of issue in first place, Dish change provider to save money, cause start of this that provider took almost 2 years fix most the issue, then dish change providers again and they started again. if current provider is original one before they start changing the provider then they went do tube too.

Two years ago when I went back to Dish after using Cable I was surprised at the lack of information in the program info, and for some weekly shows the description never changed to reflect the contents of the episode. But I could live with it.

A much bigger issue (I.M.O.) is Dish's policy of dramatically raising prices after the 2 year contract is over. My total monthly bill for AT120 went from slightly under $50 per month to around $90.

This is a great way to get customers to switch to other providers. And in Q1 2022, it's reported that Dish lost about 462,000 subscribers.

With record inflation right now and the rising cost of essentials (food, fuel, housing, etc.), I think that when people have to balance their budgets, pay TV will be the first to go.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
A much bigger issue (I.M.O.) is Dish's policy of dramatically raising prices after the 2 year contract is over. My total monthly bill for AT120 went from slightly under $50 per month to around $90.
I think that happens on most pay TV providers. It behooves the consumer to call the month before their contract expires and ask what can be done. I've been paying the same rate for probably 5-6 years.

Then again i fail to see how the guide have wrong info and names, when 99% of all channels that have there OWN guide and schedule, that these providers can just download and parse and put into the guide. into one full guide complete and correct functions guide. the whole thing is should be automated and so long as info from channel own guide and schedule is right so should this guide, problem come when they start changing it. I am sure it not that simple but cant be complicated as they are making it.

Is that legally possible? I would expect that the all that provider data is copyrighted and that Dish would have to pay license fees to all those different entities to be able to directly use that data.

New/old problem re-introduced in the last couple of weeks . . .

Descriptions sometimes say "Part 1 of 3" and other similar nonsense for stand-alone movies. This occurs for almost every movie on MPLEX channel.

Whoever is in charge of the EPG is completely inept. Meh. :thumbdown

Looking at today's guide information I noticed a few listings have the genre showing. And looking forward into the next week it seems the more of genre is once again being shown, and by next Saturday it looks like they've got them all back.

Two years ago when I went back to Dish after using Cable I was surprised at the lack of information in the program info, and for some weekly shows the description never changed to reflect the contents of the episode. But I could live with it.

This is a great way to get customers to switch to other providers. And in Q1 2022, it's reported that Dish lost about 462,000 subscribers.

With record inflation right now and the rising cost of essentials (food, fuel, housing, etc.), I think that when people have to balance their budgets, pay TV will be the first to go.
if that bother you you should our bill is 200+ month we have no contract and we wont sign one or i should say i been argue with dish to waive it or we drop them if not that half off starz and movie package, and 40$ off for 1/2 years i keep applying to account to keep it under 150$ it actual would be over the 200$ a month moment that can no longer be done is moment dish is droped, seeing most every just stream these days and dish just use when cant find something to stream.

20+ years with dish at this point.

Is that legally possible? I would expect that the all that provider data is copyrighted and that Dish would have to pay license fees to all those different entities to be able to directly use that data.
Wont pretend to know but it is basic information that should be part any guide, that basic info is what dish provider keep screw up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)