why wont my on demands record

Status
Please reply by conversation.

terpfanatic

Original poster
Nov 7, 2006
I have an HR20 and hooked up my router directly to the box today, to try out the On Demand. I searched for a few different movies (mostly old) that it did find. And then when I went to record them it said they would record on 3/3 or 3/9, whenever they were next being aired.

How is that any different than a DVR. Thats not really on demand. Am I missing something?

Cable companies On Demand channels will not record either. I think that DTV already pays an extra fee to the program supplier and that fee does not include subscriber recording rights.

I have saved/recorded DirecTV on Demand content "at once" so it does sound like the OP might have a minor issue. My thinking is that since he/she just got it connected today; is that the box is not ready; it can take some time; mine was ready in about 36hrs with a 6mbps ISP connection.

That's weird. Perhaps it is content specific? Like a show that has not been aired yet?

Try something from Cartoon Network or Boomerang. My kids use VOD on there all the time.

Both times it was with old movies like Predator, so it wasnt that the show hadnt aired yet.

sounds to me like op does not quite understand dod and is try to use his search feature for movies on his original package rather than going to the dod menu. this menu will give you a list of avialable dod programs.

I found that the box wont connect to the internet. I get error 22 I think. It connects to the network but not the internet?

I found that the box wont connect to the internet. I get error 22 I think. It connects to the network but not the internet?

Do you by chance use DHCP? It could be failing to pickup the DNS server or the gateway address. If you know these for your network, try specifying them manually under the setup menu. Then rerun the test.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)