Wich would you choose?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The Bullseye II is a feedhorn and the ASC1 is a dish controller.

Why not use both? What are you using to move your dish and provide fixed 18Vdc to power the LNBs for both horizontal and vertical polarity selection?

Bullseye II will require the ASC1* to operate the servo. *(or some other means to generate the servo pulses) The ASC 1 is also the dish positioner (Actuator power supply)
Did you mean a Bullseye II or the Titanium PLL LNBF? (with some other dish positioner)

Bullseye II will require the ASC1* to operate the servo. *(or some other means to generate the servo pulses) The ASC 1 is also the dish positioner (Actuator power supply)
Did you mean a Bullseye II or the Titanium PLL LNBF? (with some other dish positioner)
K9SAT did you mean on a dish would you pick an orthomode Bullseye or a servo Chap Corotor Plus (with an ASC to control the servo)? If that's the case and money permits I'd get the bullseye & 4 norsat PLL LNBs.
fat I think you're getting the bullseye confused with something else. the bullseye II doesn't have a servo on it so no requirement for a controller.

K9SAT did you mean on a dish would you pick an orthomode Bullseye or a servo Chap Corotor Plus (with an ASC to control the servo)? If that's the case and money permits I'd get the bullseye & 4 norsat PLL LNBs.
fat I think you're getting the bullseye confused with something else. the bullseye II doesn't have a servo on it so no requirement for a controller.

What I am thinking was either this... http://catalog.vincor.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CH-11-3179-1

Witch requires no controller IE 4 feeds C horizonal, C Vert, Ku horz, and KU Vert. I allready have a Gbox to control the dish left and right along the arch. With this setup I would not need a servo because the feeds are already set, obviously. The price of the bullseye II is kind of expensive and this is the route I would like to go. (I already have the LNB's) The only downside is if a signal is at an oddball skew then this would have issues with those feeds.

Or I was thinking was going with something like a Chap Corotor plus with the ASC to control the servo and actuator.

Cash wise I think it evens out, but I am on a budget. (We all are). If I could find one sub 200 (Bullseye II) then I would be all over it.

What I am thinking was either this... http://catalog.vincor.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=CH-11-3179-1

Witch requires no controller IE 4 feeds C horizonal, C Vert, Ku horz, and KU Vert. I allready have a Gbox to control the dish left and right along the arch. With this setup I would not need a servo because the feeds are already set, obviously. The price of the bullseye II is kind of expensive and this is the route I would like to go. (I already have the LNB's) The only downside is if a signal is at an oddball skew then this would have issues with those feeds.

Or I was thinking was going with something like a Chap Corotor plus with the ASC to control the servo and actuator.

Cash wise I think it evens out, but I am on a budget. (We all are). If I could find one sub 200 (Bullseye II) then I would be all over it.
cool ... that's what I use. you probably have checked but is your dish ku compatible?
If you haven't got a solution already for the lnb dc power supply issue I use a modified multiswitch to get 18v dc power to all the lnbs see here http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/naughty-mods-ii-4x8-switch-with-all-18v-outputs.174802/ It works well provided you can do the soldering yourself.

Yes the dish is KU capable. I'm using a winguard pinnicle. 10 footer. I do have a 18V power supply. I need to get another one for the KU side though. I have a good idea at what I am going to do.

10 foot dish with a...

Bullseye II or ASC1

Going to an AZ box.

Go!
I have put a lot of thought into that very same question. I have a Winegard Pinnacle with a Bullseye II on it. My thought would be to use the ASC1 with a Corotor II Plus instead of the Bullseye. The reason primarily is that the Pinnacle is a very deep dish .278 F/D ratio. The Bullseye II is not designed for that kind of dish. In order to get maximum signal from the Bullseye you have to carve up the feedhorn a bit and take some pieces out of the scalar.
August14 041.JPG

This does work good but the Corotor would be more versatile and can be focused better.

Reactions: beavs2112
If you use the ASC1 with a polarity control servo or ortho with a switch, the switching can be automatic or manual. The polarity switching is instant in either mode.

The receiver typically sends 13/18Vdc for vertical/horizontal selection and the ASC1 will automatically set the servo polarity and skew offset to your programmed position. The ASC1 can be set to output fixed 13/18Vdc for LNBs or automatic 13/18Vdc LNBF polarity switching.

For ortho use, an example would be to have the receiver control the polarity switch path and the ASC1 provide the LNBs with fixed 18Vdc.

The ASC1 can also be used as a standalone device and manually control dish positioning and/or polarity selection. The manual control can be done using the ASC1 front panel, ASC1 remote control or the receiver's DiSEqC 1.2 menu.

Reactions: goaliebob99
If you use the ASC1 with a polarity control servo or ortho with a switch, the switching can be automatic or manual. The polarity switching is instant in either mode.

The receiver typically sends 13/18Vdc for vertical/horizontal selection and the ASC1 will automatically set the servo polarity and skew offset to your programmed position. The ASC1 can be set to output fixed 13/18Vdc for LNBs or automatic 13/18Vdc LNBF polarity switching.

For ortho use, an example would be to have the receiver control the polarity switch path and the ASC1 provide the LNBs with fixed 18Vdc.

The ASC1 can also be used as a standalone device and manually control dish positioning and/or polarity selection. The manual control can be done using the ASC1 front panel, ASC1 remote control or the receiver's DiSEqC 1.2 menu.

Ok that makes alot of sense. I am thinking about realistically skipping the ortho and just going with the ASC1. It sounds like its going to work out well for me. I am hoping to get the dish setup within the next few weeks when I have some time off.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)