WiFi hotspot receiver or other equipment?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

williams.1753

Original poster
Apr 28, 2020
PA
Due to the lack of competition on the broadband side of things I am not able to get internet at my Directv location.

I want to try to get a receiver, or other equipment, that would allow me to pick up my phone's hotspot.

I called and had a Genie upgrade but balked at the $50 install and $3/month charge for whole home DVR since I am not able to use this functionality.

Is there another piece of equipment I can get to pick up the wifi without having to splurge on the install? I'm quite capable of hooking up 3 cables.

Try imputing your hotspot information using setup internet on your internet connected Genie. Select your Phone name, select your WEP Security and enter password. It may work or it might not. I have regular internet with FiOS so I have never done this. If it works - I would imagine watching TV and videos would burn through your phones data pretty quickly. If your phone is not Hotspot capable don't even try this...

:welcome to Satelliteguys williams.1753!
You may be able to get the install for free by calling back, and it may take several calls to do that. It's called CSR roulette. Also, why would you not be able to use the whole home feature?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)