WIFI satellite dish assistance

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
A pretty good approximation of the aim for the dish is from the center of the lnb to the base of the reflector where the arm attaches.

I just want to reply back to say- I tried it and didn't seem too increase the wireless strength that I already had.

I just want to reply back to say- I tried it and didn't seem too increase the wireless strength that I already had.

It's an off-set dish, SO, that means that IF you are aiming at a wifi signal down the block from you, you need to tilt the TOP of the dish DOWN about 24-25 degrees to aim on a horizontal plane. If not, it's actually looking "UP" 24-25 degrees higher than the signal beam.

So, the dish will be looking like it's aiming towards the ground if anything.

Reactions: littlecloud319
I tried pointing it in that orientation as well. Think I'm going to try this on a smaller scale using a strainer. More portable and i can move it easier. That way all ill have to do is cutta hole and put it slap in the center ,right? If I can get usable results I'll reVisit the dish

It's an off-set dish, SO, that means that IF you are aiming at a wifi signal down the block from you, you need to tilt the TOP of the dish DOWN about 24-25 degrees to aim on a horizontal plane. If not, it's actually looking "UP" 24-25 degrees higher than the signal beam.

So, the dish will be looking like it's aiming towards the ground if anything.

20170828_193053.jpg

Here's my setup, setting on the back patio. I'm going to deliver it to my brother's house in a couple of weeks so he can get wi-fi from another brothers Windstream Wi-Fi router next door. The problem is the two houses are situated on 3 lots and from this antennas location to the Wi-Fi router it's about 200 ft, through 3 walls, one of them is stucco. He gets signal with a usb wi-fi receiver near the window but only 1 or 2 bars, I hope the reflector can boost that to 4-5 bars.

I took the reflector out in my back yard near the corner of my lot about 60-70 ft from the router in the house and pointed it roughly toward the router. You can see the corner of the lot just above and to the right of the dish where the Virginia Creeper is invading over the fence.

I used my cell phone wi-fi to see how the signal was effected.

Standing beside the reflector my phone had about 2 bars of signal on wi-fi, but when I placed the phone down near the front of the lnbs it jumped to 5 bars.

Old timers will recognize the old style Dish lnbs, I plan to place the usb wi-fi dongle between the two lnbs , there should be enough side pressure to hold it in place with no adhesive needed.

This will be an indoor install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts