wild feeds & HD for KU

Status
Please reply by conversation.

airgator96

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
Kansas City BBQ Heaven
I'm 1 day from ordering my first KU setup. (YIPPIE!!!)

So before I buy I have some last minute questions.

1. Are the majority of the wild feeds in HD? and if so without an HD set up I would not receive wild feeds?

2. Are there college sports wild feeds on KU, or are they mostly on Cband, and are they mostly in HD?

3. I'm looking at getting a 31" dish will I be disappointed that I did not get the 90cm? I live in Kansas City 64137.

4. I'm not exactly sure if I can do this or not, but is it possilble to have 1 lnb on two receivers?

5. Can I have Ku feed & OTA coming into the house on one line?

Thanks in advance!

airgator96 said:
I'm 1 day from ordering my first KU setup. (YIPPIE!!!)

So before I buy I have some last minute questions.

1. Are the majority of the wild feeds in HD? and if so without an HD set up I would not receive wild feeds?
no. Most are SD

2. Are there college sports wild feeds on KU, or are they mostly on Cband, and are they mostly in HD?
most are on KU but some are on C-band. Most are not in HD

3. I'm looking at getting a 31" dish will I be disappointed that I did not get the 90cm? I live in Kansas City 64137.
31" should be fine but we always recommend getting the biggest dish at the beginning

4. I'm not exactly sure if I can do this or not, but is it possilble to have 1 lnb on two receivers?
yes. Get a dual LNB

5. Can I have Ku feed & OTA coming into the house on one line?
yes you can. You would need 2 diplexers (one at the dish/antenna area to combine the 2 signals and one at the reciever to split them back out)

Yes you can use your FTA dish with the D* network receiver to get the programming instead of using their standard small dish. But if you subscribe I would have them install the standard one anyway since it's free..as a backup or to use wit PIP if you have a fancy TV. That is what I do with a dirtv subscription.

:hatsoff:

airgator96 said:
so you could subscribe to dishnetwork? with this one as well?

you could but every time you move the dish you would lose the Dish Network programming. There are some free DBS channels that you can get with a FTA dish

NASA
Angel One
the CD audio channels on Dish 119 (not Sirius)
few other chanels on ExpressVu 91 (help channels and such)

You will need an analog receiver for Analog signals, they can be had VERY cheaply these days, the LNBF will work for Digital and Analog!

You can slave your DVB and analog receivers together with a short run of RG6 coax!

Another vote for the Invacom LNB's :) They are also GOLD sponsors here!

The M1 is a nice unit but if you don't get the Invacom, get the Sadoun .4 standard LNB and not the Universal.

There's issues with using a Universal and an analog box

I picked up a Legacy II analog receiver off Ebay for $54 + shipping. It hooked up quite nicely to my FTA... just a short run of RG6 from the LOOP OUT (on the FTA) to the LNB IN (on the Legacy).

The Legacy II (which is a Drake OEM'd by US Electronics) has a single LNB input, which can be C-Band or Ku.

My problem was that the analog feeds were always 150 mHz off from where they were supposed to be. Turns out, the Universal LNB has a lower starting frequency than a Standard LNB.

By using a Standard LNB, the feeds are spot on.

Keep in mind that if you slave an analog receiver to your digital receiver, the digital receiver controls the polarity.

most analog boxes wont control a LNBF. They default to H polarity if you hook the cable up directly :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)