Wild feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bonscott87

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
So I see the available channel listings for FTA on various sats. But what about "wild feeds". Are these back haul feeds that just show up randomly for things such like an NHL game on Fox sports or something?

New to FTA and will most likely be getting a setup for my wife to get religious stations off 97 and 101 but I may pay a tad more for a motorized system if there is anything else of interest out there. What I've found listed so far don't interest me much but wild feeds might be cool.

Any thoughts?

One of FTAs biggest selling points (for me) are the wild feeds. Lots of uncensored news and sports on many satellites across the arc!

Note that exact details concerning feeds (satellite and frequency) are not permitted in open forum due to the possibility of encryption. A receiver with blind scan will find these feeds for you :)

Thanks!

Can the dual LNB dishes (that see 2 sats 4 degrees apart) have a motor added like the single LNB ones?

yes they can. The dish that you speak about (the one to get the Religious channels on IA5 & AMC4) can be used with a motor

yes they can. The dish that you speak about (the one to get the Religious channels on IA5 & AMC4) can be used with a motor

Excellent!

Looks like Satellite AV sells packages for Glorystar and this one looks like a good deal: http://www.glorystar.tv/shop/item/GLY-D
Has the Mercury II plus the dual LNB dish and all the installation items needed. Knowing I can add a motor later should I want to pretty much seals the deal.

yes sounds like a great package :)
now the only drawback .... is that if you are a tinkerer, like most of us here
its going to be hard to USE the wifes receiver & dish ..... lol lol

they just had a receiver on special if you could get one of those ( and it was cheap ) it would help with future adventures with tinkering with FTA.

just a thought

alternatives

...or you can trade the dual LNB and a few bucks for the motor right away.

I kinda agree with what's hinted above...
Once you get your dual LNB system, it'll be dedicated, and you'll have to get a new dish+motor+receiver for yourself. :)

Depending on how crazy you get, there's always the T-90 dish option, with a dozen LNBs... :rolleyes:

actually 13 :D

Current Setup
6 foot Fortec dish aimed at G4/G16
-Coolsat 8000 picking up 74,79,85,87,91,93,97,123,C-Band
-Fortec Ultra & Pansat 1500 picking up 72,74,79,85,91,93,97,103,123,C-Band

I thought you mentioned somewhere in this forum that you wish you could have a C-Band dish but you lived where they aren't allowed.

I live in a townhouse so I can't bury one in the yard

But I do have a 6 foot C-band dish on my deck. FCC OTARD doesn't protect it since its larger than 39.667" but I'm the VP of ouor home owners ass'n so there hasnt been any issues :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts