WildBlue Dish Converted to FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sorry, What I meant to ask was does this pick up most of the birds? I picked one of these up a few days back, and looking to use one as a back up, the motor on my primestar don't want to move the right way anymore. I don't think I`m going to replace it, since I got a c band dish, but I think I`m going to have to put the big dish on the back burner for a while , it needs some work and a long pole, and I`m having a hard time finding one that long enough. I may end up welding a few short ones together, plus I`m running short on time for now with work and winter coming. I do have a superdish to use too , if the wildblue doesnt work for me.

It's 26" wide. But for Ka band, that's probably pretty big.
So it's not going to replace a proper 36" wide (round) dish.
But for free, and with the understanding it'll be limited, I think it's a great toy to play with.
Your SuperDish is wider, but eliptical, and needs a matching feedhorn for optimum performance.
So, depending on how you set it up, the SuperDish might be better...or worse. ;)
If you are in the experimenting mood, put up both and compare for us.
If you want to watch TV with the least trouble, get a 36" dish and leave the experimenting to others. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts