Wildblue should be here in 2004!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lightnin1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Wildblue should be a go for sometime in 2004. For those of you who don't know what Wildblue is, it will be the first Ka band Internet Satellite return system. Should be reasonably priced too. It should blow Starband out of the water. We shall see.

http://www.wildblue.com

Its about time someone puts up something to compete with Starband, Hopefully the monthly's are more reasonable. I have been a starband dealer for some time now, and they seem to be nothing but trouble for very little return.

I am not very familiar with the whole Ka scene, what are the benifits of this system vs. Starband? I read that there is still latency issues so voice over and gaming is still out. No VPN for now either???? :shock:

Still look forward to learning more.

Dish said they were coming out with a broadband service for under $50 in the future but it may be a few years before it rolls out.

It looks as is StarBand and DirectWay are going to have to compete a good bit in order to stay in business against WildBlue if they have an affordable price on the monthly fee and hardware.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)