will a 36" dtv dish work with glorystar

Yes it will work. Make sure to use the linear polarity LNBF as the regular DTV LNBFs are circular polarity.

The side saddle mounting of the linear LNBF on the DTV66E dish loses some of the signal. Moving a linear LNBF to the center position will provide much better results.

on the DIrectv international dish (which is 36x22 if I remember right) the KU LNB is boresight (down the middle)
The 101 DBS LNB is offset so the OP should be OK

how bout a dish 500 ? or a dish 1000 dish ? I'm in a restricted apt and trying to hide the dish as much as possible and wanting to use my dvb-s receivers since it been sitting in storage for a while

D500 would be too small
D1000 you would have to fabricate some type of LNB holder since the LNB's are different. Glorystar uses KU while Dish is DBS

thanks for the response iceberg I figured the dish 500 was too small gonna rig something up on the ku lnb on the dish 1000 and one more question on hiding the dish if I use a plastic storage container one large enough to fit over the dish to hide it any one have some results with that ? good enough signal getting though the plastic doesn"t help any me living across from the office of the apts where I live

The main problem with hiding the dish will be the sheeting of rain water on the surface of the cover. The plastic storage container may be RF transparent, but unless the container is coated with a product such as Rain Shield satellite - Google Search The rain will quickly attenuate the signal as the water sheets and blocks the satellite signals.

This dish is already severely undersized and will have marginal reception even before the effects of rain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts