will a 5 sat lnb work with swm?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kev1782

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
I need to know if a regular 5 satellite lnb will work if you have a swm switch with the power inserter.

Thanks. That's what I thought. I'm on a la quinta inn installation and they sent a regular lnb with the swm distribution. Morons.

An SWM LNB can only provide signal to 8 tuners! Is that all that's needed? The regular LNB would be needed for an MDU installation.

Okay, I am confused. Are you saying you can use a regular Slimline lnb with a SWM splitter?

No. They are using the SWiM Mulitswitch with the SlimLine LNB. Works great as I have the SWiM 16 switch. You have 4 cables from the dish into the multiswitch then one out from there.

Okay, I am confused. Are you saying you can use a regular Slimline lnb with a SWM splitter?
No. You can use an external SWiM switch (SWM5, SWM8 or SWM16) with a non-SWiM LNB. This is done to make the system modular in the event that you want to be able to offer more than 8 tuners worth of service (as you might imagine a hotel might want).

La Quinta typically uses a QAM distribution system with central receivers and they're not afraid to mix the local cable with satellite as needed.

No. They are using the SWiM Mulitswitch with the SlimLine LNB. Works great as I have the SWiM 16 switch. You have 4 cables from the dish into the multiswitch then one out from there.

Okay, I have it now! I either forgot or didn't know about the SWM multiswitch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)