Will a Invacom QPH-031 LNB work on a 12 Foot C Band Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Can my existing Invacom QPH - 031 be adapted to work with my old existing Chaparal and T-Comm LNB Setup for my 12 foot Dish? See Pics. Has anyone tried this setup since it now works for Combined C/KU Satellite channels on 72.0W / AMC6/C, and 101.0W AMC 4/C on my 1 meter Fortec Dish?

Attachments

• DSC00629.JPG
    DSC00629.JPG
    249.1 KB · Views: 308
  • DSC00632.JPG
    DSC00632.JPG
    485.7 KB · Views: 280
although it will work. you would get better signal quality off the small dish where it is now than you would for the big dish. the QPH-031 is made for an offset dish and the big dish is a prime focus. now if you got the QPF-031 and the special feedhorn then it would work

there are cheaper solutions for a big dish prime focus ku lnbf.

the t-comm lnbf should work it probably won't get great signals but should still work ... you can also just upgrade your lnb on that feedhorn and have c-band side fixed ... you have a seperate setup for ku , i know a rig that gets both is a bit better but you can always upgrade. i currently watch more digital c-band than ku.

although it will work. you would get better signal quality off the small dish where it is now than you would for the big dish. the QPH-031 is made for an offset dish and the big dish is a prime focus. now if you got the QPF-031 and the special feedhorn then it would work

there are cheaper solutions for a big dish prime focus ku lnbf.

the t-comm lnbf should work it probably won't get great signals but should still work ... you can also just upgrade your lnb on that feedhorn and have c-band side fixed ... you have a seperate setup for ku , i know a rig that gets both is a bit better but you can always upgrade. i currently watch more digital c-band than ku.

Thanks George, and thanks again for sending me that wonderful Satellite Ribbon Cable. Is there any info on that "QPF-031 and the special feedhorn" that you mentioned and would it allow me to pick up the C Band Satellites that I cannot get with my 1 Meter Fortec Star Dish??

The "QPF-" has a flange for their optional feedhorn that works with your big dish:
ADF-120 Adjustable feedhorn

For more discussion, search on "QPF" and my name.
I've posted about it several times this year.
All the technical info has been discussed, and should hopefully be clear.

AND, there are (two?) other cheaper alternatives (Ku LNBs) which'll work.
They were pointed out by other posters in the same threads.

Thanks George, and thanks again for sending me that wonderful Satellite Ribbon Cable.
George is a terrific fella, isn't he!? Can't believe there are still guys out there that are as helpful as him!
Is there any info on that "QPF-031 and the special feedhorn" that you mentioned and would it allow me to pick up the C Band Satellites that I cannot get with my 1 Meter Fortec Star Dish??
The QPF-031 doesn't do C-Band. It's a linear/circular ku-band lnb. Many of the stores that sell this lnb, also sell the feedhorn, so just check a few vendors and you'll find it pretty easily.

Great minds think alike.

And I guess fast fingers follow as well. :D

Besides, there's no such thing as too many answers to someones question.
If two of us say it, it must be so. :cool:

jsattv you might set it all up with the t-comm and test drive it and later add a better lnbf
thats the cheapest solution ( the qpf isn't a cheap solution) and its ku only

if you would like to test drive a bsc621 i have one ( i've been delayed on setting it up on my 10 fter due to my health) and don't mind letting you test drive it.

Great minds think alike.

And I guess fast fingers follow as well.

Besides, there's no such thing as too many answers to someones question.
If two of us say it, it must be so.

yeah its the reason i like this site... bunch of friendly helpful folks :)

jsattv you might set it all up with the t-comm and test drive it and later add a better lnbf
thats the cheapest solution ( the qpf isn't a cheap solution) and its ku only

if you would like to test drive a bsc621 i have one ( i've been delayed on setting it up on my 10 fter due to my health) and don't mind letting you test drive it.

yeah its the reason i like this site... bunch of friendly helpful folks :)

Thanks Gabshere, Anole, and Lumpkin666. Great info Anole. George I think your suggestion of first trying my existing Chaparal Scalar and Tee-Com LNB is a good one - just to see if my new 12 Footer Dish works with everything else. Wonder what I will be able to pick up with the Tee-Comm - just C Band only? Thanks for your generous offer for testing out the BSC 621 hope your health gets better.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)