Will a receiver/card go 711 if it is not hooked up for a while?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bertbarndoor

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2006
Quick question, if I activate a card and reveiver and everything is cool for watching tv, but then I unhook it all and put it in my closet for a month and then re-hook it all up a month later, will it go 711? Does it need to be basically getting the satellite signal constantly?

Rob

Not sure of how long or how short of a period a receiver may stay disconnected without issue, but inside the satellite signal are authorization codes that the receiver must "see" to continue to work correctly. After missing a certain amount of that authorization a receiver can stop working until you call in and ask for a "re-hit" to that receiver.

If it were me, I would go ahead and try it, like charper said, worst case scenario, is you'll have to call for a re-hit.

I can tell you that when the hurricane hit last year, I was out of power for 2 weeks (which is just as good as putting it in the closet), and had no issues when it came back, imo, if there is a timeout, it would be set to something reasonable, perhaps 90 days (a total guess).

The system is automated now anyhow, when you respond to the prompts with the 3 digit code it will automatically send authorization to the ird - you don't even talk to anyone anymore. :hatsoff:

Quick question, if I activate a card and reveiver and everything is cool for watching tv, but then I unhook it all and put it in my closet for a month and then re-hook it all up a month later, will it go 711? Does it need to be basically getting the satellite signal constantly?
It won't go 711, but it will go 722-that basically means the receiver hasn't been hooked up to a receiver or electricity for more than a month.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

R15 (DVR) Receiver Rewind/Replay Issue

What if the cables break between LNBs? AT9???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts