will a sw21 switch work ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
if there is old hackware in it...probably as there is a setting for SW21
if you are using the factory software...no...there is no setting for that..just Diseqc & 22k

thanks bro im not sure about the software ,i never got involved in that stuff . i bought it at yardsale or moving sale. the coax cable doesnt work only the 3 patch cables .god only knows i would like to use the diseq switch .i only paid $20.00 for it i guess it why i got it so cheap.

go into "dish setup" and it would say

22khz
diseqc
might have something about a SW21 after that....mine doesn't (factory)

if it has old hackware in it, no biggie. You can reflash it back to factory specs

its a Dish proprietary switch that they used back in the day. They're still used sparingly.

It doesnt work like a Diseqc and it doesnt work like a 22k so that's why the receiver has to have that option in it for "SW21"

My CS5000 wont work with one because it doesnt have that in the menus

What type of switch is a SW21? (If it's not 22khz or DiSEqC)
I thought I had some notes or links on it, but cannot find 'em.
If I recall, they respond to pulsing the power (someone will correct me if I'm wrong).
With only two inputs, and sketchy support, I never considered using them for FTA.
I did have some many years ago on my Dish Network system.
There was also an SW21X, which was a minor variation and could be cascaded with a standard SW21.

I've seen some members comment that they're robust and positive switching.
However, I wouldn't personally consider 'em proper candidates for a new design.
If your receiver has support for 'em, you have one, and just insist on using it, I won't say anything. :rolleyes:
Just don't look for 'em in the Switches Simplified FAQ in my lifetime. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)