Will a wireless phone jack work?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

blitzpb

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2004
I am getting my DTV HD DVR installed today. I understand that I need to have a phone hooked up at all times to get the required updates. I have two options for this. Run a phone line under the carpet and to the jack. Use one of those phone jacks that plug into the house power. I think I would rather run the wireless jack if I can. Has anyone tried these yet?

Nick

blitzpb said:
I am getting my DTV HD DVR installed today. I understand that I need to have a phone hooked up at all times to get the required updates. I have two options for this. Run a phone line under the carpet and to the jack. Use one of those phone jacks that plug into the house power. I think I would rather run the wireless jack if I can. Has anyone tried these yet?

Nick

I've been using the house power phone jacks for nearly six years and haven't had any trouble.

blitzpb said:

Nick

I just went throught this myself. I bought the RCA wireless phone jack setup and it did not work. I then found out there was a difference between wireless phone jacks and wireless modem jacks. I bought the RCA wireless modem jacks and they worked like a champ.
So like the other poster suggested about "modem quality" is correct. Make sure you get a wireless modem jack and not just wireless phone jacks.
Hope this helps,
Randy

The local install company in Columbus (Bluegrass Satellite) carries wireless phone jacks. When we got a HR20-250, we bought one from them for $35. It said nothing about modem quality but it worked and it seemed like a good price so I'm glad I got it. It has worked for over a year so I might recommend a GE jack. Home Depot carries GE wireless jacks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)