Will ABC-HD be available for Superbowl?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

marathon_1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
Orange County, CA
I have read the official press release and everything says HD Locals for LA, and NY will be available 1 st quarter 2006.

Does anybody know for sure if the HD locals will be available by super-bowl Sunday?

I have an 811 with the HD package. I would like to get the local channels on HD. Could someone tell me how to do this? I know I need an outdoor antenna cause i am 60 mils away from Los Angeles. How do I connect the antenna to the 811 receiver? thanks

manolomm said:
I have an 811 with the HD package. I would like to get the local channels on HD. Could someone tell me how to do this? I know I need an outdoor antenna cause i am 60 mils away from Los Angeles. How do I connect the antenna to the 811 receiver? thanks

It is connected to the Antenna In port on the back of your 811. Then all you have to do is a scan in the Menu.

I cant get OTA HD. I live in a mini valley with hills between my house and MT. Wilson. So if I can somehow get a Mpeg 4 reciever will KABC HD be available by February 4.

So Far it looks Like, NY, LA, Boston, Chicago, Albequrque (or whatever ask don) and looks like another one will be ready to go on 2/1

I guess we'll have to wait & see if the HD locals are mpeg2 or mpeg 4. They've said mpeg4 so, supposedly, if you have one of the new 211 or 622 receivers you'll probally be in luck.

E* offering NY LILs in HD on 2/1..... CHECK!
Me ready to subscribe in the New York DMA..... CHECK!
Me ready to shell out $299 to exchange my 4900 for a 622..... CHECK!
Me actually getting a 622 from E* 2/1-2/4...... I'm guessing not a snowball's chance in hell.....

The superbowl will be digitally broadcast in amazing SD quality at a power level of 3kw about 25 miles away (for me anyway). My 811 will pick it up (signal level around 70). The really sad part is that it looks worse on the LiL channel I get from dish :(

Let's see, he'll have to qualify for his HD locals, have a Dish pointing at the right bird to get his locals, subscribe for his locals, and have a MPEG4-compatible receiver installed and operational by 2/4. Really by 2/3 as 2/4 is a Sunday.

I hope you've already gotten started on this and have an install scheduled, or already have the dish pointed and receiver installed or on the way.

Of course, if you have HD receiver already, ABC HD may fall in your lap for about 4 hours on channel 240 or 250, depending on what market you are in. Of course, if you are in the wrong market, then no rushing will help, apparently.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)