Will adding a Hi speed 1.4 HDMI cable on a Vip722 help

ouch1234

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2010
Norman, Ok
I'm currently just using a standard HDMI cable that came with the Dish receiver. My TV is a Mitsubishi WD-73837. I'm going to buy a couple of 1.4 Hi speed HDMI for my 3D Blu ray player and for my Mitsubishi 3D kit. I figured i'd go ahead and buy a nice Hi speed HDMI cable for the Dish Network receiver since i'm buying some, but if you don't think it'll improve anything then I will not buy one.

Thanks.

My personal opinion you won't be able to tell any difference with higher end hdmi cable.

I know the newer hdmi cables from dish has high speed labeled on them. Whether they are or aren't is anyone's guess. I don't really think you would notice a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I guess I should take this answer as a "NO" It will not help? I'm not buying any high dollar cables, but rather a Hi Speed vs. a standard HDMI cable

Basically, unless your having some sort of quality issue with the current cable it won't do a thing for you.

Even for the 3d Bluray, you don't need any sort of premium or 1.4 certified cable. Virtually any cable you can buy today will do just fine. If you have a cable that works, don't bother replacing. If you need to buy a cable, don't pay any premium over a $1 or so for "1.4."

For any normal length cable (6-10') spending over $5 is a waste.

High speed cables are only recomended for Full HD 3D signals (1080px2) or for longer lengths. Dish receivers only put out half the bandwidth (1080i) the older HDMI cables were rated for (1080p) anyway, so changing cables will have no advantage. They no longer sell non hi-speed HDMI cables since there's no difference in price. The old cables work just fine, they are just not "certified" as high speed (1.4).

Last edited:
Basically, unless your having some sort of quality issue with the current cable it won't do a thing for you.

Even for the 3d Bluray, you don't need any sort of premium or 1.4 certified cable. Virtually any cable you can buy today will do just fine. If you have a cable that works, don't bother replacing. If you need to buy a cable, don't pay any premium over a $1 or so for "1.4."

For any normal length cable (6-10') spending over $5 is a waste.
Okay.. I figured this was the case. Another HDMI Scam to convince you to buy something else. I'll lay off of buying anything then. Thanks

If you look up the codes that are on the hdmi cable from the dish box you will see that it is in fact the same specs as the 1.4 "high-end" hdmi cables. Don't waste your money they are THE SAME THING.

Amazon also has good prices on hdmi cables. Picked up 6 right befor christmas for $1.50 each free shipping (I'm a prime member). Using them for roku, ps3, and hdmi switcher on tv with single hdmi input.

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

I'm currently just using a standard HDMI cable that came with the Dish receiver. My TV is a Mitsubishi WD-73837.
Thanks.

Hope Mitsu has improved their TV's. I had a WD-52 series that I bought in 04. Multiple problems over the years. finally was sent back to Mitsu for a chassis rebuild twice in less than a month. Mitsu gave me store credit to buy another TV of a different brand.

I replaced all of my HDMI cables with cabels from Monoprice. At first I just ordered one for the new blu-ray player that I bought, but liked the quality (construction) so I ordered more. I don't know if it was the high speed, the quality of the cable, or just the fact that I had cheap Sam's club cables, but I did notice a picture improvement. I particularly like the "jacket" that some of the cables have. I feed them up through the tube that supports the shelves so its nice to have the jacket to protect the cable.

This is similar to the one I bought.

For only $6.34 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 6ft 24AWG CL2 High Speed HDMI® Cable w/ Net Jacket - White | Premium 24AWG HDMI High Speed Certified Male to Male Cables

*Your mileage may vary, see dealer for details. :D

I'm reminded of Click and Clack's jesting about how automotive products are labeled "heavy duty", pretty much without respect for their REAL serviceabilty.... "HighSpeed" probably means high-speed emptying of your wallet. Don't be insecure; order the Amazon bargain product as in prior posts!

Digital signals either work properly or don't work at all. OTA signals illustrate this when signals get weak, pixel-ate and drop out. You do not see visual degradation like with analog video or a weak, snowy RF analog signal. Cheaper is better.

Massmur said:
Digital signals either work properly or don't work at all. OTA signals illustrate this when signals get weak, pixel-ate and drop out. You do not see visual degradation like with analog video or a weak, snowy RF analog signal. Cheaper is better.

X2 my words exactly

I'm reminded of Click and Clack's jesting about how automotive products are labeled "heavy duty", pretty much without respect for their REAL serviceabilty.... "HighSpeed" probably means high-speed emptying of your wallet. Don't be insecure; order the Amazon bargain product as in prior posts!
"High Speed" is a valid HDMI specification. Such is not to say that most cables don't meet that spec. It is notable that "High Speed" can be associated with HDMI 1.3 cables.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)