Will Bluray Player Work With Dongle?

fayrich

Old Fart
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2004
CLEVELAND, OHIO AREA
I have a Vizio Bluray player that is made for internet streaming using an ethernet cable. Wondering if it will connect to the Vizio internet apps using a dongle instead of the cable. I have purchased a 2nd Bluray that has wifi wireless capability built in. Plan to move the Vizio to a location far removed from the router making cable connection impossible. Thanks for your input guys.

Nope. BD players require their own dongle specifically written for the player. You could use a gaming adapter/wireless bridge or a powerline adapter. I use a powerline adapter. Works like a charm.

S~

LOts of folks here have had good experience with powerline networks. Beter really than the dongles which seem to be hot or miss except in computers. People used to have totally opposite experiences getting DISH receivers to work with third party adapters.

Absolutely. No risk using the powerline adapter. Mine has been on non stop for 4 years with 4 connections on the one of the adapters and 3 on the other. Much more realiable than wireless because it works just like it was hardwired.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)