Will Cablevision ever get the HDnet channel?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mm00659

Original poster
Apr 22, 2008
Hello folks. New to the forum. Looks like there is a lot of great info here. Anybody know if Cablevision is ever gonna get the HDnet channel? It usually comes paired with HDnet Movies. I need the HDnet channel because they offer a lot of MMA programing. FIOS, DirectTV, Dish Network all offer it, but not Cablevision. What gives? I'm thinking of changing to FIOS but their HD lineup is aweful. Also, who can I contact at Cablevision to find out if and when they will offer this channel? I can only get through to the scrubs at cust svc. Thanks to all.

Hello folks. New to the forum. Looks like there is a lot of great info here. Anybody know if Cablevision is ever gonna get the HDnet channel? It usually comes paired with HDnet Movies. I need the HDnet channel because they offer a lot of MMA programing. FIOS, DirectTV, Dish Network all offer it, but not Cablevision. What gives? I'm thinking of changing to FIOS but their HD lineup is aweful. Also, who can I contact at Cablevision to find out if and when they will offer this channel? I can only get through to the scrubs at cust svc. Thanks to all.

Cablevision is in the process of freeing up bandwith, presumable/hopefully to add more HD channels. I wouldn't expect any new channels until maybe May, most likely June at the earliest. I wouldn't count on CV cust service. The person I talked to didn't even know they were getting ESPN2HD without putting me on hold for 5 minutes (this was after it was already realeased in other neighborhoods.

Thanks pjc and chek_ya_self. I had already read the post that says they are freeing up bandwidth to make room for more hd channels.

I need to know about HDnet does anybody knowan insider at cablevision or HDnet (HDNet Home Page)?

I don't know any insiders, but they are probably adding the HBO Suite, ESPN Suite and Discovery Suite from what other posters are hearing. I haven't heard anything about HDNet

You can email Mark Cuban, as others have, and he'll tell you that Cablevision tells him that none of their subs are interested in HD Net. Which is of course bull. Must be some NBA thing between Dolan and Cuban that is keeping the channel from us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)