Will Cards work elsewhere?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

volntitan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
My brother in law is a big Rugby fan. I know, I don't understand it either. Anyway, he is coming to visit for a week and he has DirecTV at his house with the Sentana Sports subscription. He was wondering if he could bring his card from his unit and put it in one of mine so he can watch the games at my house. Is that possible?

Thanks!

If we contacted DirecTV about doing it, will they be able to somehow "divorce" the card temp.? I would just order Sentana (sp?) sports but I have a private office viewing account and for me it costs $100 a month! Which is crazy....

Thanks for any help...

Since he was planning on taking the card out of HIS receiver, (which would render it unusable while the card was missing anyway) why doesn't he just bring HIS receiver to your house & use it there??? ;) :confused:

That is likely what he will do, but trying to eliminate having to pack up the reciever.

I just wish this Sentana Sports would be reasonable with thier pricing. $100 a month is crazy....

Last edited:
My brother in law is a big Rugby fan. I know, I don't understand it either. Anyway, he is coming to visit for a week and he has DirecTV at his house with the Sentana Sports subscription. He was wondering if he could bring his card from his unit and put it in one of mine so he can watch the games at my house. Is that possible?

Thanks!
tell him to bring his receiver over and temporarily connect it to your dish...No big deal......

Since he was planning on taking the card out of HIS receiver, (which would render it unusable while the card was missing anyway) why doesn't he just bring HIS receiver to your house & use it there??? ;) :confused:

volntitan,
What dishrich has posted is what would probably work best, that way you don't have to talk with D* at all and change any ofyour programming at your place, that may be tied to your perticular situation.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)