Will DIRECTV Add Al Jazeera In HD This Week?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mister Coke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2013
Oak Hill Ohio
Will DIRECTV Add Al Jazeera In HD This Week?
By Phillip Swann

Washington, D.C. (October 26, 2015) - DIRECTV has added a High-Definition listing for the Al Jazeera news channel in its mobile programming guides on smart phones and tablets.

The problem with that? Al Jazeera isn't available in high-def on DIRECTV. The channel, which features news coverage from an Arab-American perspective, is only in standard-definition (channel 347) in the satcaster's lineup.

However, DIRECTV has been known to include a HD listing in the mobile guides a few days before the channel is actually added in high-def. For instance, Fuse HD was added to the mobile listings on September 23 and officially added as a high-def channel just a week later.

In addition to the guide listing, DIRECTV publicly agreed to add Al Jazeera in high-def at some point after the two companies agreed to settle a long-standing legal dispute.

Reactions: mario315
While I have not heard any rumblings, it IS possible it could be coming. I hear DISH is adding it in HD too in the next couple of weeks.

I just hope we don't have any ignorant idiots who complain "We now have the ISIS support channel in HD, but I can't get 'fill in the blank' HD yet?!" Not a huge fan of the channel, but its news coverage is just as reputable as some America-based news channels I have seen.

I am pretty sure DirecTV pays to carry the channel, so the HD version at best is provided free. Probably a small fee though. I wish DirecTV would add i24, Sky News,

I am pretty sure DirecTV pays to carry the channel, so the HD version at best is provided free. Probably a small fee though. I wish DirecTV would add i24, Sky News, Russia Today, DW, France 24, TVC News and CBSN eventually as alternatives. I've lost faith in most of the current crop of American news channels.
Fox news. .when it launched..paid to be carried...that's how you gain coverage for a new channel

Will there be any announced date prior to Al Jazeera America getting added in high definition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is good that we received an additional high definition channel. Let’s see some more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ComcastOgre
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)