Will DirecTV carry the Olympics in UHD HDR & Dolby Atmos?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not unless they just recently added it. Sound has never been 7.1 with them.

And no, the directv equipment is no nearly as refined or modern as the Hopper series from Dish.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Direct provides 4K & 7.1 surround? Is this just for PPV or other channels as well? I have been a Dish customer for about 12 years and am really getting tired of the constant programming wars..........all in the name of saving the consumer $. I have the Hopper w/sling + wireless joey and really like the equipment........does Direct have basically the same type of set up?

Yes 4K has 7.1 surround. It's labeled as Dolby Digital Plus on my AVR. Atmos is an extension of 7.1 and is backwards compatible. It's on both 24/7 channels. The Live sports channel depends on the program on if you get 7.1 or 2.0.

Dolby digital plus can be 7.1 but the only way to know for sure that what you're getting is 7.1 to the AVR is to ensure that you aren't using one of the overlays your AVR has available. For info many BluRay discs that use DD+ aren't doing 7.1 but are doing hires 5.1

Dolby digital plus can be 7.1 but the only way to know for sure that what you're getting is 7.1 to the AVR is to ensure that you aren't using one of the overlays your AVR has available. For info many BluRay discs that use DD+ aren't doing 7.1 but are doing hires 5.1

I'm not an idiot. I know how to use my AVR. I have said multiple times that 7.1 is available and have pointed out that the two live channels are in 7.1 and the live events channel depends on the truck and what they are producing. It's also listed on DirecTV's website that 7.1 is a part of 4K programming. What do you not understand about this? There is no need to keep doubting and implying that it isnt. I have the correct setup, have had it for a while and can do Atmos and DTSX. DirecTV doing 7.1 isn't a state secret. Perhaps you should check out directv.com/4k and see for your self. Perhaps you missed the part where it says theater quality 7.1 surround sound.

Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 7.15.46 PM.png

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)