Will Directv Installer do this ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
I am thinking about switching from Dishnetwork to Directv as I am kind of feed up with Dishes constant dropping of channels due to their disputes with providers.Also Directv has sent me some good money saving offers to come back.
heres my question ,I am incapable of climbing up on my roof to take down dishes equipment (they want you to send back LNB).I have a special setup that landlord paid to have done and its basically an arm that holds dish away from roof,I was wondering if I signed up for Directv would installer take Dish down and put Directv up on the Arm bracket (basically just change out equipment.This would also inable me to send LNB back to Dish.I would also Tip the installer 20 bucks.
Has anyone had Directv do this type of thing.
How do I ask installer to do this,I wont cancel Dish service until I know Directv could do this.Any suggestions

I am thinking about switching from Dishnetwork to Directv as I am kind of feed up with Dishes constant dropping of channels due to their disputes with providers.Also Directv has sent me some good money saving offers to come back.
heres my question ,I am incapable of climbing up on my roof to take down dishes equipment (they want you to send back LNB).I have a special setup that landlord paid to have done and its basically an arm that holds dish away from roof,I was wondering if I signed up for Directv would installer take Dish down and put Directv up on the Arm bracket (basically just change out equipment.This would also inable me to send LNB back to Dish.I would also Tip the installer 20 bucks.
Has anyone had Directv do this type of thing.
How do I ask installer to do this,I wont cancel Dish service until I know Directv could do this.Any suggestions

Well, thats up to the installer.

IF the installer decides that, that location is the one he feels will work best for you, he would probably take it down and put his up, but thats a call he has to make.

My installer removed old Dish Network dish that I hadnt used in three years, and even sealed the holes in the roof! But as Jimbo already said, it will be up to installer.

My advice is to try to find a local DirecTV dealer that you trust to do the install, so you start out on the right foot. Also by doing that I was able to verify what equipment I was getting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)