Will Directv match prices?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

blake9827

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
I recently called Dnetwork and they quoted me $250 for their HD with DVR. My question is if I call D* would they match their price for the D* version of that product? If they will then I am sold! also anyone know if they charge extra if you need to use a tripod? or any cons to having a tripod?

no, i am not currenty a sub. of d* but, I do have service through SBC which used directv for the television service.

blake9827 said:
no, i am not currenty a sub. of d* but, I do have service through SBC which used directv for the television service.

I thought SBC was only subbing for E*.

Chip

Yeah SBC currently uses Dish for their services but they used to use Directv. It just sucks because you call SBC to try and upgrade services and they tell you to call Directv and you call Directv and they say you have to call SBC. I would much rather have Directv than dish because of the ability to have local HD channels but don't really want to pay $400 for a HD DVR when I can get the same thing through Dish for $250

It's my understanding that once you pay $400 for the directv HD DVR you own it. For Dish Network, the $250 942 HD DVR is a lease. You will continue to pay $5 a month for it (+$5 extra for the Dual Tuner if you don't have a phone line connected) and you will never own it. This Dish Network receiver is $700 for an actual purchase.

AndyOI said:
It's my understanding that once you pay $400 for the directv HD DVR you own it. For Dish Network, the $250 942 HD DVR is a lease. You will continue to pay $5 a month for it (+$5 extra for the Dual Tuner if you don't have a phone line connected) and you will never own it. This Dish Network receiver is $700 for an actual purchase.

You are right Andy! Apples for Apples, DirecTV is a better deal, but there are some people that don't understand the real deal, as you explained it...

AndyOI said:

that is true. But, you can find the 942 cheaper from either a retailer or online. The 942 can actually be used as if it were 2 different receivers, as far as I know, the D* cannot.

You can also get a 921 for much less than the 942! You should be able to find one for around $400 WITHOUT A 2 YEAR COMMITMENT LIKE D*!!

blake9827 said:
Yeah SBC currently uses Dish for their services but they used to use Directv. It just sucks because you call SBC to try and upgrade services and they tell you to call Directv and you call Directv and they say you have to call SBC. I would much rather have Directv than dish because of the ability to have local HD channels but don't really want to pay $400 for a HD DVR when I can get the same thing through Dish for $250

SBC NEVER used D*.

Awhile back they wereattempting to BUY D*, but was shot down due to monopoly situations

Jimbo

AndyOI,

It's my understanding that once you pay $400 for the directv HD DVR you own it.

DR. Bob,
You are right Andy! Apples for Apples, DirecTV is a better deal, but there are some people that don't understand the real deal, as you explained it...

This is great news as far as I am concern, I would much rather buy than lease.

Where did you guys find this info in the press release ???
Better copy it , otherwise they will claim they never said it.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)