Will Directv pay you ETF if you leave Dish?

Dembinskij76

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2018
Centerton, AR
I know this is a long shot. Anyone been lucky enough to get Directv to pay their ETF leaving Dish Network? We have either 9-10 months left on our Dish contract. I’ve regretted leaving Directv since about the first week. No baseball is the last straw for me for the second year in a row. I just hate throwing money away on buying out a contract, but I’m about to go ahead with it.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I know this is a long shot. Anyone been lucky enough to get Directv to pay their ETF leaving Dish Network? We have either 9-10 months left on our Dish contract. I’ve regretted leaving Directv since about the first week. No baseball is the last straw for me for the second year in a row. I just hate throwing money away on buying out a contract, but I’m about to go ahead with it.

DirecTV did have a promo like that. They would actually reimburse you for your Dish Early Termination Fee. Unfortunately, that promo expired back in 2010.

Some cable TV companies will pay your satellite ETF if you switch to them. It's not DirecTV but they probably offer all the channels you need for your local sports teams.

I just noticed that DirecTV no longer gives out a free $200 Visa Gift Card for new subs. There is still a Costco offer that includes a $200 Costco gift card.

The smartest thing is to get rid of the free gift cards to bribe new customers and instead use that money to keep current customer rates stable. Enough is enough.

The gift cards are one reason for the high churn rate of switching between DISH and DIRECTV.

Reactions: edisonprime
Yeh I mean they will have the current ATT video ceo and the board will be ATT 3-2. But keeping thinking this isn’t just a money offload for ATT.
The investor group (took) 30% load and if the make more bones they will take more control than 30%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)