Will dish activate used 921-942 off ebay

Tom Bombadil said:
The rate increase is not a minimum of $10, it is a minimum of $5. If someone has a 942 with AT60, HD Pak, and VOOM under the old plan then they are paying $45/month. With a 622, the minimum is HD Bronze at $50/month. For the extra $5 you get another 7 HD channels. Within a few months Dish is expected to add another 3-4 HD channels to the new packages.

It definitely is a rate increase, a 33% one for HD + VOOM subs, a 100% increase for HD Pak only subs.

It's too bad Dish charges the $6 access fee, or else the $29.99 HD Standalone package would be attractive.

From my perspective, the new plans will work out to a rate decrease. I find that I am watching less and less SD programming, so I'm dropping down from AT180 to AT120 and dropping a couple of the premium movie packages too. May drop to AT60 soon. Let's say Dish starts offering Starz HD. One could sub to HD Bronze plus the HBO/Starz combo for $70/month. You'd get every HD channel except for Showtime, which you could add for another $8/month if you feel it is worth it.

This combo will have about 26 HD channels by this summer. I also get 6 local HD OTA channels. So that would make 32 HD channels, with most of the popular SD channels plus all of the HBO & Starz SD (and HD) channels for $70. Along with all of the public access channels and Sirius. This isn't too bad.

The $50 HD Bronze pack doesn't include locals though - which I would want to subscribe to in order to get EPG data on the OTA channels. Other than that I believe you are correct... The problem with me is just the content of the new channels - there isn't really anything that compelling for me to warrant getting a leased 622 right now and pay more for something I am not going to watch...

PEP

PEP said:
The $50 HD Bronze pack doesn't include locals though - which I would want to subscribe to in order to get EPG data on the OTA channels. Other than that I believe you are correct... The problem with me is just the content of the new channels - there isn't really anything that compelling for me to warrant getting a leased 622 right now and pay more for something I am not going to watch...

PEP[/QUOTEThere are two HDbronze packs, HDbronze, HDbronze+ locals.

The one with locals is $5 more a month.

I go without the EPG guide data for locals. As I rarely watch them, I don't have a great need to have them. I have a button setup on my laptop browser to call up my personalized "EPG" from TitanTV.com, which can list all of my HD locals on one screen. This works very well.

No way I am going to pay Dish $60 a year to get guide data for 6 channels.

Im with Tom, I liked when I had VOOM service and was used to no EPG for locals OTA. So I ordered HDSilver pak and will not order locals and just use OTA.

Tom Bombadil said:
I don't see how your bill goes up $15 from the present, I only see a $10 increase.

AT120 + HD Pack + Starz/Cine = $60/month
HD Bronze + two-movie valu pak = $70/month

Not worth it if you won't be watching the new HD channels. But as more and more are added, such as Starz HD, then it will become more attractive/useful.

$10/month additional for the VOOM + ESPN2-HD programming and another $5/month for the lease charge. I currently own my receivers.

PEP said:
NONO - even without the HD pack I was still using it for HD OTA - we have quite a nice selection of OTA channels here in the OKC area, But now that I have the $10 HD Pack all is good. :D

Pep,
1. Do you also subscribe to any SD and/or locals?
2. Do you have guide and/or NBR of OTA channels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts