Will Dish Activate

Bob55

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 1, 2012
Ohio
an old 381 receiver?

I purchased it new as a spare long ago. Never activated so it does not have a card. Lost signal yesterday and used it to confirm loss. The cable came out of the old style crimp connector at the lnb.

It took a software update from P429 to P469 and receives 110, 119 and 129 on a 1000.4 dish. I have no real use for it except to confirm as above and was wondering if it was worth passing it on.

I don't think they will, but a call to Dish or better, a PM to DIRT will settle it.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

An 811 is MPEG-2 for its HD. Dish has no MPEG-2 HD channels, now. So why?
It might work on WA for SD channels but even if allowed better to get more modern and a DVR, too.

An 811 is MPEG-2 for its HD. Dish has no MPEG-2 HD channels, now. So why?
It might work on WA for SD channels but even if allowed better to get more modern and a DVR, too.
The 811 came first then DISH rebadged it as a 381 and sold it for WA SD broadcasting with an ATSC tuner built in. I have two sitting idle but if they are no longer being activated they become a little more electronic scrap.

Thhe 811 should fall under the legacy reciever group as well. And I don't beleive are being activated either.

It took a software upgrade. So why does Dish bother with that since it can not be activated? Why not just totally disable the unit instead?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts