Will Dish be carrying NFL games?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Droff

Original poster
Oct 13, 2006
I was told today by a Dish dealer that Dish TV will carry some type of NFL package starting in August. Basically, you can pay to watch a specific team for the season.
Is this true and does anyone know of any specifics? I currently have DTV and ST, which is why I won't switch to Dish. However, if they have the NFL to offer, I may switch.
Thanks.

I was told today by a Dish dealer that Dish TV will carry some type of NFL package starting in August. Basically, you can pay to watch a specific team for the season.
Is this true and does anyone know of any specifics? I currently have DTV and ST, which is why I won't switch to Dish. However, if they have the NFL to offer, I may switch.
Thanks.

They will carry the NFL network games, that much is known, other than that, I doubt that the NFL would make a special deal with anyone other than D*, I would imagine that would violate the D* agreement for the Sunday Ticket.

Jimbo

I love how Dish advertises all the sports packages they have and saying how "Every NFL fan should have Dish Network!" That's like saying, "Everyone who wants to live in a safe neighborhood should move to Detroit."

Even if I could just pay like $50 for one team for a year on Dish, I would not switch over. I mean, let's say that you sign up for that and you just have your team. What if they're like my Niners from last year and they suck and are painful to watch? I somewhat feel that way about ordering my NBA League Pass this year because the Bulls are SOOO horrible so I don't even watch it or any games really for that matter. I'm going to make sure that I am not on the auto-renewal plan, and if I order it again I'll do the mid-year $99 deal instead.

Thanks.

IIRC, the current NFL contract has 2 more years to run - so I am thinking the only team you will get to see for the whole season would be the home market team. But, retailers, like CSRS are many times so clueless with this stuff.

IIRC, the current NFL contract has 2 more years to run - so I am thinking the only team you will get to see for the whole season would be the home market team. But, retailers, like CSRS are many times so clueless with this stuff.
Unless of course you have those local blackout rules where if the game is not sold out you can't watch it. Nearly every time I went to San Fran and there was a Raider game on I saw that message scrolling on the screen. I can't imagine people wanting to stay home to watch a Raider game as opposed to being at that stadium.

So basically this guy is blowing smoke then?
I live in OK and I have Sunday Ticket so I can watch all of the Browns games. Good or bad doesn't matter, I just want to watch them.
Looks like I'll be staying with DTV. What sucks is all the promos they run for only first time subscribers. I need to upgrade everything to HD but since I've been paying them for 8 or 9 years, they don't feel I should get a break.
Thanks for the input guys.

I live in OK and I have Sunday Ticket so I can watch all of the Browns games. Good or bad doesn't matter, I just want to watch them.
Looks like I'll be staying with DTV. What sucks is all the promos they run for only first time subscribers. I need to upgrade everything to HD but since I've been paying them for 8 or 9 years, they don't feel I should get a break.

Droff,
I would give them a call and see what they can do for you upgrading to HD.
If you don't like the answer you get, call again, you'll get someone different and probably a different offer.

They generally work with you IF your not expecting the world. (If your reasonable, some want EVERYTHING for free)

Jimbo

Do what I did and threaten with the Dish Network offer. Say that you've been a good subscriber for years yet Dish, who don't know you from a hole in the wall, are willing to give you a free HD DVR, while they're jerking you around.

Thanks.

Droff,

The only NFL Games on Dish Network will be games that appear on your local Affiliates, ESPN, and NFL Network.

If you wish to get Out of market games in your home, the only provider is still DirecTV. DirecTV owns exclusive rights to the NFL Sunday ticket. DirecTV just signed a multi-year contract before last season for the NFL Sunday Ticket.

John

Do what I did and threaten with the Dish Network offer. Say that you've been a good subscriber for years yet Dish, who don't know you from a hole in the wall, are willing to give you a free HD DVR, while they're jerking you around.

Why threaten, he hasn't even called to see what they will offer yet.

Jimbo

Why threaten, he hasn't even called to see what they will offer yet.

Jimbo
The impression I got from his post was that something bad happened since he said, "I've been a paying subscriber for 9 years but they don't feel like cutting me a break."

Don't want to give the wrong impression, I've not had any bad dealings with DTV. I just don't like they way they handle their current, longtime customers by only offering free upgrades to new customers.

I've read several places to talk with customer retention about getting a better deal than what is usually advertised, but I'm pretty much over a barrel, I'm not going to cancel my service unless Sunday Ticket goes away. I'm not good at b*tchin' over the phone, but I might sick the wife on them, she'd be willing. I don't need to get any HD upgrades until July/august time frame anyway.

Don't want to give the wrong impression, I've not had any bad dealings with DTV. I just don't like they way they handle their current, longtime customers by only offering free upgrades to new customers.

I've read several places to talk with customer retention about getting a better deal than what is usually advertised, but I'm pretty much over a barrel, I'm not going to cancel my service unless Sunday Ticket goes away. I'm not good at b*tchin' over the phone, but I might sick the wife on them, she'd be willing. I don't need to get any HD upgrades until July/august time frame anyway.

All you have to do is ASK and don't be bitchy.
You Can get ahold of Customer Retention if the first level doesn't offer something that your looking for.

IF you nasty with a CSR you'll probably NOT get what your looking for, thinkl about it,if someone called and you took the call and was bitchy, would you want to give the best posssible deal to them ?

Jimbo

All you have to do is ASK and don't be bitchy.
You Can get ahold of Customer Retention if the first level doesn't offer something that your looking for.

IF you nasty with a CSR you'll probably NOT get what your looking for, thinkl about it,if someone called and you took the call and was bitchy, would you want to give the best posssible deal to them ?

Jimbo
Maybe if you want the customer to just shut up. Also, they are being recorded, so if they go off or tell you to f-off the boss is not going to be very pleased that you may have cost them a customer. I would agree though that talking with Customer Retention is a better idea. That's how I got my HR-20 for $100.

What???? You didn't believe Tiki? Tiki use to say that if you want NFL 24/7 you know. all the games.... you better sign up with E*. Geeeeez, I can't believe that you didn't believe Tiki!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)