Status
Please reply by conversation.

AVMe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 12, 2009
Texas
From TVPredictions.com:

But if Dish is unable stop the recent subscriber losses, rumors will likely escalate that CEO Charlie Ergen may try to sell the company to AT&T. Dish's stock rose last week on reports that a sale could occur this year.

Here is the entire article:
Dish Network Loses Subs -- Again

How do you all think a sale like this would affect customers? Would prices go up or down? Would programming be more or less available? What's the potential effect on the average Joe?

Last edited:
How do you all think a sale like this would effect customers? Would prices go up or down? Would programming be more or less available? What's the potential effect on the average Joe?

I believe the easiest way to tell is to go over to AT&T website and see,and since when you go there and see AT&T sells DirecTV you may see a little more channels for a higher price?.

You do understand that the article you linked is not exactly a reputable source? He seems to know less than many of us here, and would likely throw gasoline on embers, trying to create a bonfire.

AT&T is an old rumor, we hear it over and over. Charlie Ergen loves what he does and small subscriber losses are not likely to be driving him to sell. If there is any truth to the story about AT&T, it would be AT&T approaching Dish. I doubt that there is any more truth to this tired old rumor this time than there has been all the previous times it's been run up the flagpole.

So no need to worry about how customers might be affected. But I sure wouldn't expect prices to ever go down.

There is nothing worth discussing here. Swanni is just spreading a rumor about rumors. That's what he does.

People really need to stop jumping to conclusions.
Is it possible a good percentage of those who left were not wanted by Dish and not encouraged with incentives to stay? Just from the posts here of people whining when they ask for free things from Dish and don't get them, then threaten to leave, I would not be surprised if Dish made a good financial decision here. And the article referenced is from a pure speculating columnist.

As I have said many times before... its February which means its time for another AT&T buying DISH Network rumor.

Seems to happen almost every year. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)