Will Dish ever have LOGO?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sarang said:
Ummm that channel already exists, it's called AznTV formerly known as "The International Channel".
There is another one called ImaginAsian. http://www.iatv.tv/index2.php

(AznTV is at http://www.azntv.com/ )

But, Charlie will most likely never carry either. I will bet you a dollar that he feels that Asians will not buy the cow Chinese, Korean, and Indian Packs, plus TVJapan), if they can get the milk for free.

I contacted I-channel (AznTV) years ago, asking them why they weren't on Dish. They told me they've been trying for years, but that Dish wasn't interested.

My advice to ALL Asian Dish subs is to contact Dish and request BOTH AznTV and ImaginAsian. If enough people request it, they might add it. I'll bet these channels would hardly cost Dish anything. The big win for the channels is increased ad revenue with a bigger audience. (Dish must have a HUGE Asian subscriber base due to the

I'm WHITE and I want AznTV Gary. I think about now with Korean Americans wanting MBC on Dish might be the time to pressure them Gary. Seriously Dish is missing two GREAT regular channels, AznTV and Trio.

I think you all have missed the big point.

If LOGO had so many viewers and was such a popular channel they would give it to Dish and Directv for free or at .10 or .20 cents per month.

But no they must be charging alot for that is why it is Pay Per View or a Monthly Subscribtion Channel on DTV at $10.00 I think I would rather have Skinamax.

rowemance said:

If LOGO had so many viewers and was such a popular channel they would give it to Dish and Directv for free or at .10 or .20 cents per month.

But no they must be charging alot for that is why it is Pay Per View or a Monthly Subscribtion Channel on DTV at $10.00 I think I would rather have Skinamax.

Ummm that's Here not LOGO.

My mistake.

But if it was free to Dish and they had request they would put it up just like the shopping and religious channels.

well after seeing e*'s stance on domestic partner benefits..we can safely say this channel will never see the light of day

juan said:
well after seeing e*'s stance on domestic partner benefits..we can safely say this channel will never see the light of day

Let me guess, they believe in none.

Sarang said:
I'm WHITE and I want AznTV Gary.
Ummm. So am I. And so do I. (Although, i currently DO receive AznTV with Comcast, and I don't like it as much as the old I-Channel.)

I would also like ImaginAsian. I think you should request that one, as well. It looks quite interesting.

juan said:

I don't see how they relate. It's all about money. Generally speaking, gays have more disposable income. Just because Charlie doesn't want to SPEND extra money on his gay employees doesn't mean he won't TAKE extra money from them.

It just makes good business sense to carry this- in AT180 of course. There's no risk of alienating homophobic customers and sending them to the other guy, because the other guy already has it.

What other channel that is this cheap has this much potential to draw in new customers?

rowemance said:

WOW, where to begin?

1)How can a channel have "so many viewers" or get "popular" if it's not available?
2)The more popular a channel is, the MORE they charge.
3)LOGO costs THREE cents a month per subscriber for most providers. Most of their contracts stipulate yearly raises till they get to EIGHT cents in year five.
4)LOGO is a "basic digital tier" channel. It's in Total Choice Plus on DirecTV.
5)What does Cinemax have to do with anything.
6)Did I mention that it costs THREE ******* CENTS!

I think we missed the big point because it doesn't exist. Three cents. Three!

Send me your address, and I will personally send you 36 cents a year (increasing to 96 cents a year by year five) to cover your portion of the costs if DISH ever adds LOGO. :rolleyes:

The people making a stink over 3 cents a month are the same ones screaming they want Yes Network at $2 a month per subscriber, how funny is that.

wow i would rather spend the 3 cents on OLN than pay for another worthless MTV channel

Way to miss the point juan. OLN WOULDN'T be 3 cents for everyone and you know it.
For the record I'm willing to pay if it's that cheap. I'm sure I'll find some good programming on it. Guess what?! See and the funny thing I'm willing to pay even if it is an MTV GLBT channel which I think is disgusting. Not the gay part but the MTV one.

Why does everyone say "mtv" channel, when referring to Viacom channels? Does Viacom not call themselves "Viacom" any more? I know they were divesting. But, are the various channels all part of "MTV Networks" now?

Speaking of GLBT programming, can someone explain to me why Oxygen isn't on Dish?

GaryPen said:
Why does everyone say "mtv" channel, when referring to Viacom channels? Does Viacom not call themselves "Viacom" any more? I know they were divesting. But, are the various channels all part of "MTV Networks" now?
Even though viacom owns the mtv networks it is easier to refer to the mtv channels as mtv and not the viacom part time music channels.

GaryPen said:

Yes, MTV Networks covers everything now. I think it even covers Nick channels.

Viacom is actually splitting apart more anyway. They were talking today on Opie And Anthony about how they had previously been banned from all Viacom properties, but with the divisions gaining more independance, they were in talks to do something on SpikeTV

chaddux said:
You're the one that believes everything you read. You should feel sorry for yourself.

Not true, I disregard your posts because so little of what you write has any real substance. For example, in reading a few of your posts on this topic, it sounds like you think everyone else should pay extra for the channels that do not appeal to YOU. News flash, the world does not revolve around YOU.

Sarang said:
Speaking of GLBT programming, can someone explain to me why Oxygen isn't on Dish?

Oxygen doesn't have any muscle behind it, because it's independantly owned. Most programming is sold in packages. The owners own many, perhaps dozens of channels, plus local TV stations, they they can use as leverage to get carriage for less popular stations.

By a quick count of channels in DISH's lineup, I see the following owners of basic and premium channels. (may not be 100% accurate, but close)

Liberty-27+ part of several others
Viacom- 26
Time Warner- 22
Cablevision- 14 (including Voom) + several RSNs
Fox- 6 Channels +most RSNs
Disney- 5 + most of ESPN(5) and part of A&E (4), Lifetime (2) and E! (2)
Hearst- Co-owns ESPN, A&E, Lifetime with Disney
GE-9 (plus owns the other third of A&E Networks)
Scripps- 5
Comcast- 3 (make that 2 now) and the other half of E!

So that's 130 of the 200 or so channels I get are owned by 10 companies. (That's not including 2 local channels owned by Fox) That's why it's hard for a tiny company like Oxygen Media to squeeze in. (Although I think Time Warner owns a small chunk of it.)

Sarang said:
If you want it ask Dish to carry MBC for their Korean American customers since it might be why Charlie can't get MBC

This really confused me, but I forgot to ask about it. I thought MBC was an African-American channel. Apparently, they've changed their name to "Black Family Channel"... www.mbcnetwork.com

So what exactly is the MBC you are talking about?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Help! Service turned off because of lack of phone connection!

Running 721 of 1 LNB output

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts