Will Dish make me switch if I place a service call (dish realignment)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

oggusfoo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 9, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I've paid for the "insurance" and must still be grandfathered into the HD absolute pack. My dish seems to be out of alignment for most HD channels. Sometimes they show so I know I still get them.

What are my options, the installation is at the peak of my roof needing a 50 foot ladder. What should I expect the cost to be if I have someone independent come out to realign? Or should I just not worry about them reevaluating my package after a service call?

Don't worry. Shouldn't change your programming pack at all. Now if you need a new dish because of your locals being on eastern arc vs western arc , you might get a new commitment by letting them change out your dish etc.

No, I have Absolute and had them realign my dish from 61.5 to 129 and I still have Absolute. Just make suren they know that you will not accept a package change, that you want to keep Absolute.

I've paid for the "insurance" and must still be grandfathered into the HD absolute pack. My dish seems to be out of alignment for most HD channels. Sometimes they show so I know I still get them.

What are my options, the installation is at the peak of my roof needing a 50 foot ladder. What should I expect the cost to be if I have someone independent come out to realign? Or should I just not worry about them reevaluating my package after a service call?

Please call Dish and let the CSR know your install is NOT standard. In most markets Dish techs carry a max 32ft ladder. Most contractor techs are required to carry min 28ft ladders.
If you do not alert Dish the requirement of a 50ft ladder( I have never seen anything larger than 40 unless it belonged to the local Fire Dept) you will see one reschedule after another.
Question....Why is your dish at such a height? Do you have obstructions on your property or neighbor's property such as trees or buildings?
One more time. If you do not warn Dish that your dish is in an unusual location and that requires a 50 ft ladder, your system will NOT be serviced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts