Will dish not have the Disney channels come September?

Yeah my wife's quite happy with dish and I priced out D and they are quite expensive the 2nd year. I even price comcast with adding tv and they want 160 a month for all 3 services which comes out to 40 bucks more I'm paying now. Their new x1 dvr is quite nice I must say but it's only a 500 GB dvr. Out of wow, comcast direct and dish we've had she likes dish the best. She loves the prime time anytime feature. With signing a new 2 year agreement today, I'm hoping that they work out a deal with Disney that's fair for all parties.

Maybe we should get some of those stay calm sayings on a shirt tied into Dish :)

keep-calm-and-say-dish.png

I dont think speculating on fees is accomplishing much. Providers are already paying a LOT for ESPN, but ESPN is now hurting and there is a lot more to negotiate. Dish needs ESPNU and News in HD, and WatchESPN is also something ESPN is throwing out there now.

Since both parties seem to be wanting to work it out, and need each other, lets hope it works out for the best. I personally would be willing to accept a slight increase if I got U and News in HD as well as access to WatchESPN. Its the increases when I havent gotten anything, or have lost channels that pisses me off.

I would not want to pay more..........we had ESPN News, Disney, ABC Family in HD & they were taken away. If a dispute arises & this group of channels are taken away, I will be forced to move to another provider. If all of these disputes really saved the consumer $$$, then it might be worth it, but the consumer winds up paying more for dvr fees, & other bs charges. Dish keeps making their profit even though we are still fighting the most severe recession since the great depression. Numerous folks, including myself have lost their jobs & had to start over with less pay, less benefits.

That said, I do feel like both parties need each other & hope this is resolved quickly & to the benefit of the consumer

Dish (and the other MVPDs and channel/content owners) keeps making their profit even though we are still fighting the most severe recession since the great depression. Numerous folks, including myself have lost their jobs & had to start over with less pay, less benefits.
Fixed for accuracy/completeness.

I would not want to pay more..........we had ESPN News, Disney, ABC Family in HD & they were taken away. If a dispute arises & this group of channels are taken away, I will be forced to move to another provider. If all of these disputes really saved the consumer $$$, then it might be worth it, but the consumer winds up paying more for dvr fees, & other bs charges. Dish keeps making their profit even though we are still fighting the most severe recession since the great depression. Numerous folks, including myself have lost their jobs & had to start over with less pay, less benefits.

That said, I do feel like both parties need each other & hope this is resolved quickly & to the benefit of the consumer
Let me see,all my bills for everything seem to rise. Nobody is reducing any of my bills. Food cost,they seem to be the same on certain items but if you look closely you are paying the same price for a smaller volume(can sizes reduced,boxed item weight reduced,etc..check it yourself). DISH is a business not a charity,they are there for profit,so is Disney/ABC. As for fees and bs other charges,doesn't Dish have to pay a fee for allowing dvrs and who makes Dish's equipment for free?
I am sorry to hear about your job loss and reduced income and benefits. We are living at about a 50% decrease in household income here and we are paying for our "benefits". Dish has been the only business we have dealt with (15 plus years) that lived up to their promise of trying to provide the best service they can with the best possible price.
I do understand that if your family watches mainly what Disney/ABC offer then by all means you should find another provider if the contract runs into difficulty.

And again I am asking why don't you that are complaining about something that only "may" occur rant and rave directly to Disney/ABC and demand "they" reduce prices? Now if Disney say they are not going to raise any rates and Dish raises the rates for the Disney/ABC offerings then you by all means gather up the pitchforks and torches against Dish.
Bottom line this is all speculation at this point, so I as others have recommend calm.

Tom, what's the point of sniffing out any and all OBSCURE blogs/articles, other than to feed and support your inflamed fee paranoia. Surely there are meds for that.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The reason I bring all this up has little to do with fees and more about how commercial skips will be handled in the future.

I cannot see Disney not wanting a clause in the next contract stating that auto hop will not be allowed on any of Disney property without fees to make up for lost ad revenue.

If dish gets Disney to allow auto hop to continue with no fees attached then I do see Direct tv and cable company's begin to offer the same service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its hard to speculate on something that isn't even released. Hell, we have been hearing about an iTV for 2 years now, and nothing. Secondly, we had the troll running around here talking intel this, intel that. Can't worry about it until it happens. My only concern with Dish right now is how their Disney negotiations go.

All that being said, I might get hit by a meteor tomorrow.

Tom, what's the point of sniffing out any and all OBSCURE blogs/articles, other than to feed and support your inflamed fee paranoia. Surely there are meds for that.

What's the point in you getting irritated at folks discussing anything to do with the topic? Maybe you could use some of those paranoia meds, yourself. ;)

I hope the Disney negotiations turn into a huge fiasco. People need to wake up to the fleecing that is going on in the TV/sports/movie industry.

I hope the Disney negotiations turn into a huge fiasco. People need to wake up to the fleecing that is going on in the TV/sports/movie industry.

I doubt it will wake anyone. All it will do is piss Dish customers off, and they will start jumping ship. Thats the bad part, most customer are going to blame Dish, not ESPN because people go throughout their days uninformed.

And how many more speculative posts that have little or no grounding in actual fact?

That are as helpful as the one you just made? Ya'll might as well let these people worry and vent a bit, constantly berating them isn't going to stop it. Just ease your pain and post in other threads, or dont post at all.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

if some of the members want to discuss this that's fine. if you and I don't like it we can always ignore the thread. i do it all the time if the topic doesn't interest me. :)

if some of the members want to discuss this that's fine. if you and I don't like it we can always ignore the thread. i do it all the time if the topic doesn't interest me. :)

I have never understood why people that say they hate certain threads or act like it always have to post in them? :confused: Some people just love attention I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)