Will DISH upgrade a non-HD DVR for free if under contract? And give FreeHDforLife for free?

STL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I thought I saw some threads on this a few months ago, but I cannot seem to find them now. My inlaws have a non-HD DVR (the 625 maybe) and are still under contract with them, but now they have a couple HDTVs so they'd like to upgrade their equipment and their package. Can they do both it at no cost? If so, what is the best way to go about getting this? Chat? Email? Call a certain number?

It might be possible. No rule of thumb. Usually depends on each account's pay history, length of service, programming, etc. A chat is probably the best first step. No certain number if you call, BUT ask for customer retention. DO NOT e-mail!!! Hopefully, one of our DIRT (Dish Internet Response Team) folks will chime in here, so be patient.

You cannot upgrade in the first 12 months in the second half DISH decides how they value you as acustomer and make any upgrade offers based on their evaluation. Call and ask the worst they can say is NO.

Most possibly will require a new 2 yr commitment even if they give you the equipment for almost free. any new install fees could be worked into signing up for a service plan that you need to keep for a minimum of 6 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)