Will DTV Do Something Like Tivo's New Guide?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
if the pic in the link is any indication, i hope noe
Isn't that the way guides are going merging it with Internet features? Or is the current just fine and all they really need to do is just spruce it up. Maybe by adding an extra half hour or hour and adding channel logos to the guide next to the channel number? Then going all HD.

dont know, but as i always say, not everyone can get internet, sat tv was created to meet a need where cable was not available.
people forget that. many sat users cannot uses these new features

There were rumors years ago of HTML5 rewrite of the GUI, but I suspect the AT&T merger put a halt to that as they merge their platforms into one.

DTV's biggest mistake was letting go of TiVo as a partner. Hopper just crushes Genie in the technology area, DTV has edge in PQ and a few other things.

Reactions: osu1991
There were rumors years ago of HTML5 rewrite of the GUI, but I suspect the AT&T merger put a halt to that as they merge their platforms into one.
You just said that those rumors were years ago .... how can you say ATT put a halt to something that hasn't been talked about in years ?

TiVo does not need to be merging internet with guide until they actually figure out how to make apps work on the Bolt. Just like any other video provider/set top box nowadays, marketing drives the features that are added, even if they dont work well.

You just said that those rumors were years ago .... how can you say ATT put a halt to something that hasn't been talked about in years ?
A direcTV merger has been in the works for years as they looked for a buyer the FCC would approve.

You don't sink a lot of money into developing when the end product has a 50/50 chance of ending up in the circular bin.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts