Will Echostar XIV allow FSN HD full time?

thbjr

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 2, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I was pleased as punch to learn about the launch of Echostar 14 and the added HD capacity it will give Dish Network. Heaven knows they need it with the bandwidth problems they have now, restricting their ability to broadcast Fox Sport regional Networks in HD full time. As I understand it, that is also why they are not able to broadcast many locals as well, including PBS in HD.
Does anyone here know if it is their intent to clean up the availability of these stations, to provide them in full time HD with the added capacity the new bird will give them. I love everything about my Dish system, but paying for a program package that includes, in my case Fox Sports Arizona (FSAZ), paying for HD, and then only getting an occasional live event on FSAZ that Dish chooses for me, sucks.
If no one here knows if the new bird will correct this problem, does anyone know who, at Dish corporate 303-723-1000, I should speak to for answers.
Thanks from a newb...
Tom

sorry not a priority for dish network

ask for Chuck or jim at corporate

Thanks Juan,

Do you have a last name to go with Chuck or Jim?, department they work in? The opperator may need more than " May I speak to Chuck ot Jim please".

If posting last names isn't cool, please PM me.

thanks....

Tom

He's joking...

Charlie is DISH Network CEO Charlie Ergan, and Jim is DISH Network Executive Vice President Jim Defranco.

Unfortunately full time RSN's are not a priority at the moment, instead they are using the spectrum for more new national HD.

The good news is most games that are in HD are broadcast in HD. (The aggravating part is when there is one game you really want to see in HD and for some reason they don't carry it.

He's joking...

Charlie is DISH Network CEO Charlie Ergan, and Jim is DISH Network Executive Vice President Jim Defranco.

Unfortunately full time RSN's are not a priority at the moment, instead they are using the spectrum for more new national HD.

The good news is most games that are in HD are broadcast in HD. (The aggravating part is when there is one game you really want to see in HD and for some reason they don't carry it.

Except on the West Coast where we get hosed over with JIP games. We'll see how this baseball season works (almost all road games are being broadcast in HD to go along with home games). If most are not in HD, i'll be calling Dish to complain.

Except on the West Coast where we get hosed over with JIP games. We'll see how this baseball season works (almost all road games are being broadcast in HD to go along with home games). If most are not in HD, i'll be calling Dish to complain.

Yea. You guys on the West Coast do get screwed. They did a pretty good job with the Atlanta Braves last year as far as the rsn hd goes.

I noticed something a little extra so far this year. They have shown soccer and tennis in hd on the rsn hd or Alt hd unlike last year. Hopefully, more to come.

Yea. You guys on the West Coast do get screwed. They did a pretty good job with the Atlanta Braves last year as far as the rsn hd goes.

I noticed something a little extra so far this year. They have shown soccer and tennis in hd on the rsn hd or Alt hd unlike last year. Hopefully, more to come.
That's what has me really ticked off, no Sony Erickson tennis in HD, no UEFA Soccer that was live the other day in HD, our NCAA Pac 10 basketball tourney live NOT in HD.... It's really, really pi$$in' me off.

Last edited:
sometimes ( if u pick up the sports pack.) RSN's show college sports and some soccer in HD (its usually not blacked out).

Some of us would reverse that. Fortunately, Dish is using their spectrum for more new national HD rather than wasting it on more sports related stuff of no interest.... ;)

I also contacted DISH this week to complain about FSN games not being shown in HD, despite the fact FSN advertsises it offers EVERY game in HD. Unfortunately, that means everyone EXCEPT DISH subscribers. I don't understand how DISH doesn't realize people will get upset when FOX offers the games in HD, but DISH refuses to air all the games in HD, despite the fact its subscribers are paying for the HD package. All I got for a response was "DISH does not offer that channel in HD." So basically, I should be thankful that half the games are shown in HD and go away, according to the DISH corporate policy. This is beyond frustrating. Does anyone know of an email address we can bombard DISH with complaints on this issue?

Considering the requirements of the STELA that was just passed and awaits the President's signature, I would say NO WAY. LIL's are now the top priority for Dish. Full-time HD RSN's probably won't occur until the new sat arrives at 61.5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)