Will HR21 work with a tube TV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mlyles

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
SC
I have a Sony Wega non-hd tube TV with component inputs. Can I hook a HR21 to it? I assume the pq will be worse than a R15 hooked up.

Yes it will work if you change the settings to 4x3 and resalution to 480 I.

I assume the pq will be worse than a R15 hooked up.

I wouldn't say that. PQ should be the same on the SD channels but a bit better when you are watching a HD channel that is down-converted for your TV.

Personally I don't understand why Directv keeps both receivers. It seems like it would be cheaper to just have one model to maintain.

I wouldn't say that. PQ should be the same on the SD channels but a bit better when you are watching a HD channel that is down-converted for your TV.

Personally I don't understand why Directv keeps both receivers. It seems like it would be cheaper to just have one model to maintain.

They are employing a strategy similar to that with the R22. It's based on the HR2x machines. The hardware is so close that some believe that it's just a software crippled HR2x with a smaller hard drive.

They are employing a strategy similar to that with the R22. It's based on the HR2x machines. The hardware is so close that some believe that it's just a software crippled HR2x with a smaller hard drive.

Same size hard drive (320GB).

I use my HR21 with an older Sony SD set. It works fine and I can tell the difference between a SD channel (same as when I had a R15) and downrezzed HD version of the same. Depending on the channel, I often switch between letterboxed and cropped.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts