Will HR22-100 work with an old 101°-110° Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jvfan57

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 28, 2015
WA
Gonna be spending the weekend up at a friend's cabin who says he's got an old DirecTV dish with 2 lnb's.

Would an HR22-100 work with just the cable coming from the 101° lnb connected to the Sat 1 input? Wanted to watch the Oscars this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes -it will work Set it for 18' round dish all you will get is the 101 -SD channels but it will work

Gonna be spending the weekend up at a friend's cabin who says he's got an old DirecTV dish with 2 lnb's.

Would an HR22-100 work with just the cable coming from the 101° lnb connected to the Sat 1 input? Wanted to watch the Oscars this weekend!

Well if the Oscars are on a local network, and your locals aren't on the 101, you won't be watching the Oscars.
I'm fairly certain the 2 LNB, is 101 and 110.
And 110 serves Latin America.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yes -it will work Set it for 18' round dish all you will get is the 101 -SD channels but it will work
I don't need the B-band converter, since this is only for Ku-band, right?

You don't need b band converters with that dish. It gets 101 and 119, so you can get sd locals regardless of where they are.

Reactions: dishrich
Last question. If there is only 1 cable coming in from the dish, should that be connected to Sat 1 input & have nothing connected to Sat 2 input?

IIRC, there is a multiswitch built into the lnb, so one cable from the dish to sat 1 input.

After isolating 1 cable going to 101° lnb, connecting it to Sat1 input & redoing dish setup to 18" Oval, I was able to get 101° without any problem. Receiver downloaded guide & I am able to get local networks! Big Oscar party this Sunday!

Thanks so much everyone for all your assistance!

Reactions: raoul5788
Just to note ...

There is no 2 LNB 101°W, 110°W dish.

As described by the TS, it sounds like a 101°W, 95°W World Direct International dish in which the 95°W linear LNB for WD programming is not being used.

Also, 110°W is not for LA, but is presently being used to provide some DIRECTV USA SD programming as well as receiver guide and authorization data, firmware updates, etc., to Puerto Rico subscribers.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Don't you think it's more likely a Phase II dish?

Don't you think it's more likely a Phase II dish?
Considered that;

But since the TS said he actually "traced" the line all the way to the 101°W LNB, I took that to mean a WD dish.

The lines from the old P.II normally ran through a 4x4 multiswitch mounted either on the back of the dish. Or later was integrated into the LNB yoke at the end of the LNB support arm (called the "P.II plus" model).

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)